Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BlossomJ
Beginner July 2014

High street bridesmaid dresses

BlossomJ, 31 of August of 2013 at 09:32 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hiya, I'm trying to look for sage green (or any green for that matter) BM dresses - preferably from a high street chain.

Just wondered where everyone has got their BM dresses from (particularly those that are green)?

14 replies

Latest activity by Bookish, 5 of November of 2013 at 17:45
  • W
    Beginner October 2013
    Wenchinson ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in green from BHS. I went for Jade but I'm sure they have Sage as well.

They are beautiful, the quality is great and I picked them up in their sale for £37 each instead of £112.

Good luck Smiley smile

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't see any in green on the BHS website ☹️, must have been an old collection - thank you though.

• W
    Beginner October 2013
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh thanks 🙂

One of my BMs is insisting she wants thick straps (not spaghetti straps) though, which I think is where my problem lies tbh...

• noseli24
    Beginner July 2014
    noseli24 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I never got round to posting my green dresses on the July discussion board - couldn't work out how to attach an image! Anyway, this is the webpage...

http://www.very.co.uk/holly-willoughby-lace-top-pleated-dress/1216456855.prd

Decided not to have them after all, as they don't quite go with my dress (these are too 'geometric' against mine) so my mum has now offered to make my dresses instead! Went and bought fabric the other day, in an apple green colour. Hopefully it won't work out too expensive.

Why oh why did we pick a colour that isn't very common in high street shops?!?

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'm also looking for sage dresses... It's been a nightmare!

I've been tempted to order online from china... But the sage appears to be slightly different to what I'm actually after!

So I'm now waiting on fabric sample I can take into debenhams men's department to compare there...

its so frustrating but I refuse to budge on colour!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Coast allure dress either knee length or maxi come in sage green...I almost bought these but I've changed my colour scheme now!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Http://m.coast-stores.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=2224811355

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks for sharing that!! So expensive though... Going to keep an eye on them and see if they crop up in the January sales!

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for bottle green - which I hope will be an easy colour to get in the winter collections! My BMs and I are going shopping at the end of October and we plan to hit Bicester Village with a veangence...then Monsoon which could lead to January sales. If all fails, I found the exact colour I want in John Lewis haberdashery, so we could always choose a pattern and get a dressmaker.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I tried this Jenny Packham one on in Debenhams the other week and it was lovely. Looked much better on someone with a bit of shape than it does on the model mind:

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010848834_-1

It comes in a maxi length as well I think

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    Katty1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies..have you looked in ted baker? There were a couple of pale green in there I think! X

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not my shade but the Kaddi dress is lovely!

• L
    Beginner December 2013
    LelaMosher ·
    • Hide content

I have made a design and asked the tailor to sew the same for me.

http://casual-plus.com

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

I originally wanted sage green but really struggles, especially in the style I wanted. I've ended up with floral BM dresses but the mens' ties will all be sage green.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics