Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2015

High street bridesmaids dresses

CharlotteHR, 2 of September of 2014 at 11:04 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi everyone!

We just booked our venue this weekend for next October and I'm already having a look around at various bits and pieces to prepare. But the one thing I seem to be really stuck on is bridesmaids dresses. I'm just having two, but even still, I don't want to be paying a fortune for them.

I would quite like a dusty blue/grey blue type of dress and I really don't want to be spending £100+ on each dress. I want short (knee-length) ones too, rather than traditional long dresses. I've looked at those Dessy twist dresses, and they may do, but will have to find a UK retailer to try them on. If I can find ones cheaper that would be ideal!!

So is anyone getting their dresses on the high street or an online retailer? I don't want to order from abroad, either.

Share what you're getting for your girls! ?

19 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 3 of September of 2014 at 20:53
  • pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on booking your venue!

Loads of places have sales on at the moment so take a look at the likes of Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser and also places like Phase Eight and Coast. I got mine in the Coast sale and they we £60 each down from almost £500!! Miss Selfridge also have some really pretty dresses! Good luck and keep us posted on what you pick!

These are mine btw way..

xxx

• R
    Beginner October 2014
    RedIvy89 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on the venue Smiley smile

I was the same, everywhere seemed so expensive for dresses even if you want a small number! I bought mine from Quiz, they were £60 in the sale. Not sure if they'll have the colours you're looking for at the moment but always worthwhile keeping an eye out as they do have some lovely dresses. Also it's worthwhile ordering online as you can normally get a discount by ordering online!

Hope that helps in some way x

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

More grey- but you could maybe accessorise to bring out the blue?

https://www.quizclothing.co.uk/clothes/00100002155.html

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
  • C
    Beginner October 2015
    CharlotteHR ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks for the links everyone! They are all really lovely. Didn't even occur to me to look at some of those places. I may leave it until the Christmas sales and try and blag a bargain!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.debenhamsweddings.com/product/pewter-aria-dress/54510_202026827/?categoryId=836934

something like this? Pewter is a cool grey and would look gorgeous dressed with softy blue accessories.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hi!
    I was looking into getting infinity dresses for my maids (like the two birds ones) but the hassle of getting them made to order gave me a headache! Just in the past couple of days I found a dress all three of them love on ASOS, just waiting for them to arrive.

I really didn't like the majority of dresses I saw in shops and I didn't want to dress them in something they wouldn't like.

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I got my dresses from monsoon, they were £75 each. I didn,t want to spend a fortune either on mine as I have 4 bridesmaids, so I looked about the high street. I use to look everyday on BHS, monsoon, coast and phase eight to check out dresses.

• C
    Beginner October 2015
    CharlotteHR ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh that's lovely! Will have to keep an eye open for that in store!

Didn't think of looking on ASOS either. I'll have to have a nosey on there too!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    meandmrjones81 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got all my bridesmaid dress's from asos plus they were reduced to £21 pound in the sale.

http://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Skater-Dress-With-Lace-Sleeves/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3455647

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Both TX Maxx and Tesco have bridal sections online which would be worth looking at too.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid dresses are a cloudy blue. Got them in Debenhams in the sale & they are Jenny Packam. £45 each and 3 bridesmaids. Definitely keep an eye out end of season on the high street to see if you can pick up a bargain!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid dresses are a cloudy blue. Got them in Debenhams in the sale & they are Jenny Packam. £45 each and 3 bridesmaids. Definitely keep an eye out end of season on the high street to see if you can pick up a bargain!

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    SunnyBlackConfetti19 ·
    • Hide content

Dont know about colours but this might be an option - bargain too!

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-1961-1/44151227

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

BHS have some lovely, and well priced dresses in their bridesmaid sections. I have only 2 bridesmaids, they picked theirs (both liked the same, easy for me!) themselves at £55 each. We just got them from their 'Occasion' section i think.

What about asking your bridesmaids if they have seen anything? You could give them a couple of colours/styles which you like and ask them to give you a few different options and you can all choose together? I always seemed to find shiny/drapey/unflattering BM dresses and the ones i really liked were much too expensive so i let them pick something. I would never have picked them myself but i am glad they chose them as they look lovely and suit them both very well! Plus i hope they will wear them again and get a lot of use from them!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

My only concern with high street dresses is if they aren't obviously 'bridesmaidy' a guest may turn up in it!

That dress from DPs is lovely but personally I'd wear something like that as a guest.

Just something to consider I thought!

• Y
    Beginner August 2015
    Yellow Stars ·
    • Hide content

Some lovely dress choices here ladies ?

I want my girls to wear these https://www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/dresses-c10/1950s-halterneck-navy-duchess-dress-p37

• Y
    Beginner August 2015
    Yellow Stars ·
    • Hide content

These are the dresses I want and they come in various colours https://www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/dresses-c10/1950s-halterneck-navy-duchess-dress-p37

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered mine from dorothy perkins.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics