Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

belindacoles
Beginner May 2011

High street wedding cakes

belindacoles, 14 May, 2010 at 12:46 Posted on Planning 0 12

Does anyone have any photos of "real life" high street wedding cakes, M&S, Waitrose etc?

Also, has anyone tasted them and if so are they yummy?

x

12 replies

Latest activity by MarieMarie1980, 16 May, 2010 at 09:11
  • kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

Quite a few people have recommended on the M & S wedding cake, you can go onto there website and they have a few pics of them,

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo the do cupcakes now too! Excellent price! Thank you!! Had looked at their standard range a while back, didnt realise they had updated now.

• kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

This is what i was thinking with going with because the price is good and they look gorgeous, plsd to help lol x

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking if I got 144 it would only be £105 and then I can get a stand and cupcake wrappers of Ebay! Bargain!

Have a big birthday party in August so may order a batch of 48 to see what they taste like Smiley smile

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Someone on here beginning of the week - decorated her own mock on the M&S one with Black and White hearts., can't remember who it was.. damn..

but was in M&S yesterday and those tiered cakes were in the shop on the shelf and they looked really good.

Also on 3 grand weddings one of the parties had the M&S cake and was tasted on tv and was rated the best.. so worth considering.

though the cup cake option looks good. and they look tasty x

can't go wrong with M&S..!

I'm not having cake, so dont have to worry about it... but I am have 5 tiers of cheeses for my cake though.. :o)

• kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

The cup cakes looks gorgeous, am thinking the same ordering enough for everyone and getting stand of ebay, ull have to let me know how they taste, lol x

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Ive heard great things about their cakes, I really want this pre-decorated one from M&S £200

I have asked a local cake shop and they said they could do the same one for me for £160!!!!

I was really worrying myself about getting my cake from a supermarket, even though I LOVE it. At least I wont have to worry about it arriving on time and undamaged now and have saved myself £40 - RESULT!!

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

I looked at Waitrose but didnt think their prices were that low - for what Waitrose charge I would rather have a bespoke Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Asda do them very cheap in their extra special range!!

You can do a 3 tier cake for under £30!

Get a stand and have a 3tier cake on top and all the cup cakes under or 2 seperate stands, cheap enough..

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Ive just thought its my mums 50th in July so i can practise with the ASDA one for her birthday! Result! Smiley smile

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Just found this - asda cakes

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/punkneil/MSE/PIC_0056.jpg

Def think I will use the asda cake as the "topper" if I go for cupcakes.

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Ashlil it was meeeee!! Gratuitous (sp) cake flash........

M&S cake top tier - bought to do a trial. making all the hearts in advance so just have to stick them on when we collect the cake. Its tasted lush and would recommend it to anyone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics