Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Dedicated October 2022 Argyll

Hire of Cutlery - how much do i need?

Jamie, 28 of February of 2022 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 11

This might be the most daft or boring question in the world, but our decor supplier has just got back and quoted us to hire gold cutlery (we thought it might be a nice finishing touch/detail worth considering), and she's just said it's 40p per item.

At first I was like, great - knife and fork. Then I remembered spoons. Then I thought back to every wedding I've ever been to and realised there's always about six pieces per place setting...

What do you think is the right number each? What could I get away with, as 40p per item is going to add up quickly with nearly 80 guests, especially if they have the full lot.

We're having three courses and then a coffee and shortbread course, fyi.

11 replies

Latest activity by Humairah, 25 of April of 2022 at 18:12
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

You will need 2 knifes and forks, one each for starter and main and dessert spoons per person plus coffee spoon, so 6 itmes per person as a minuimum for a 3 course meal, so around £200 for 80 ish guests. I would ask the supplier to tell you what you need for each course based on your menu, as for dessert oyu may need forks as well dependant on your option/s. Or do they have any other option that is not gold, it is nice, but no one will motice and unless it fits your colour scheme i would stick to standard silver.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the ever wise and helpful Charlotte 😀 and I wouldn’t bother to have specific gold cutlery unless it is a cost you don’t mind absorbing and it’s imperative to your scheme. No one will consider cutlery on the day as they will be too busy looking at you!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    What's the price difference for the normal silver?
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, 6 is what I figured too - although I'm not sure if I'd need an additional fork for dessert, so there's an option for either (there's a device and also an apple pie thing so both would work).
    All in all, I think it's probably more than I'd like to pay for cutlery, although it would work beautifully with our colours...

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will do literally anything to avoid people looking at me all day lol.

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Normal silver is included, the gold would just be an optional extra. They also do rose gold, but it wouldn't work with our colours.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If the silver is included at no extra cost then go for that if you cant justify the additional cost. i honestly can say of all the weddings I have been to I cannot remember the cutlery, or even the table settings so is really not something you need to stress over x

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, in the end I think I'm gonna stick with the silver. I'm sure the gold would look really lovely and be a nice detail, but as you say - no one is likely to remember it.

• H
    Beginner May 2023 East London
    Humairah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! Can I just ask which supplier quoted you that amount? I’m looking around for suppliers and found one which quotes 75p per cutlery item so of course I wanr to try and minimise that haha
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They're called Loch Lomond Weddings & Events ☺️
  • H
    Beginner May 2023 East London
    Humairah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!