Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsjones2024
Rockstar June 2024 Essex

Hiring a venue stylist?

Mrsjones2024, 1 of October of 2015 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all,

Has anyone hired a venue stylist for their wedding or got a quote for one?

I have seen a company online who worked on a recent wedding with a florist that I am currently stalking :-)

I am going for a luxe, romantic theme with golds, blush pink, cream etc. The pictures I saw were amazing with draping in the marquee etc etc.

So, I am wondering whether by the time I source and buy everything I want, decorate the venue and then have to clear up afterwards and try to sell it all on or get rid of it somehow, does a venue stylist work out a lot more expensive?

We are having a big wedding with around 10-11 tables of 8-10 not including the top table. Our reception is in a marquee so I would like it decorated so that it doesn't look too plain.

I am already worried about setting up the venue before, what time I can do it, co-ordinating all of the decorations and what goes where and having to tidy it all up the day after! I think hiring someone would be much less stressful but if they charge extortionate prices, I'll have to give it a miss.

Any experience of this on here?

Thanks in advance!

17 replies

Latest activity by stellarpebbles, 8 of October of 2015 at 22:22
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Not sure of cost but I have photographed quite a few weddings this year where the couple got a venue stylist in and from what I remember a few of the couples saying was it was worth it so they didn't have all the stress of trying to organise people to help put it all up and take it down.

• Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

I don't have anything to contribute re experience but just wanted to follow the thread as I'm debating this as well. Since my wedding is 2017 like yours, I figured I could buy bits to decorate gradually but don't want to create too much work for myself. I'm meeting a venue stylist in 2 weeks to get a quote so I will let you know what they say!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies.

Daniella, that would be great of you can let me know.

I'm worried about buying too much as I go along and things not matching, where to put everything etc so if the price isn't too extortionate, then I definitely will consider it! X

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

As the laziest person in the world I am definitely having a venue dresser. DIY weddings are always beautiful but everyone I know has always had a crazy amount of stuff to do in the weeks before their wedding and that just sounds awful! I want the whole process to be really chilled out.

We are hoping to use someone I know - so I trust them - and they will hopefully do everything. It's more expensive than DIY but I'm paying for peace of mind and a restful wedding run-up!

Check if your venue recommend someone and ask for a quote. You're not obligated to use them but it will give you an idea of cost. They might also have a website where you can check prices to get a rough idea.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I went to the National Wedding Show at the Excel yesterday and saw a great venue stylist there. They do everything.

so I showed them pictures of what I am after and they have given me a rough quote of 2K for all of my flowers (my bouquet, four bridesmaid bouquets, all flower centrepieces, candles and table decorations, sequinned table cloths, chair covers) with it all being set up and taken down afterwards. This is for hydrangeas, peonies and roses. She said that can always go down in price depending on cutting back on flowers etc and 2K will be the absolute maximum amount.

i thought that was quite good. I was expecting it to be double that price! I was also expecting to pay about 1K for flowers so an extra 1K to have the whole place decorated and not have the stress is very attractive. I'm going to make an appointment with them at a later date to get a proper quote.

X

• Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

That seems reasonable, I'm having the same flowers as you and my quote was £1400!!!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Was that just for the flowers Daniella or the whole shebang?

I will shop around and see what other quotes I can get. I imagine that most florists will probably offer this kind of thing now? X

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I could spend a fortune buying things and changing my mind and then find it doesn't look right. Not to mention doing it, undoing it and stress. If I was marrying in UK and had the funds I would go this route I think ?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jayne, that's exactly what I am worrying about. When I decorated my house, I bought so many new bits then found I didn't have anywhere to put them! X

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    stellarpebbles ·
    • Hide content

I'm writing this as I'm on my 40th tissue pom pom for my wedding on Saturday - if you can afford it, DO IT! I've diy-ed to save money and I reckon all in I'll have spent about £400, but feeling the stress of still making decorations now (and my house is too small for all the things I'm storing!)

• Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

That was just flowers, I would have been so pleased if it was for everything! I'm meeting my preferred stylist next week who does both so I will see what they quote!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Well done Stellarpebbles, I am so not creative at all so I really admire people who are!

So 2K is quite good then if you were quoted £1400 for just flowers. Whereabouts are you from? This company were from Kent x

• Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

Based in Brighton so maybe that's why it's so pricey! I think I'm going to get a couple other quotes to compare x

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Oh okay. I love in Essex but this company are only the other side of the dartford crossing, so they're not too far.

Definitely shop around! X

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    stellarpebbles ·
    • Hide content

Thank you FutureMrsSmith! It's slowly coming together and I'm sure I'll be pleased afterwards with the saving money wise, especially if we can sell on. However I also think it would be nice to chill out this week and not have to worry about things like setting up. Fortunately we can get in the day before but this wasn't guaranteed and if not we would've had to go in on the day. Maybe this might be a consideration in whether you hire a venue stylist too?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

This is exactly my fear. I am quite a stressy person so I would like everything done at least a few weeks before the wedding. The thought of rushing around beforehand fills me with fear! This is why I am concentrating on one thing a month in the lead up to the wedding!

Our venue has confirmed that if there is no wedding the day before (we are getting married on a Saturday) then we can go in the day before but I am only allowed to bring one person as they have had issues with loads of people turning up and trying to "make a day of it and having a picnic on the lawn!!!!" Our contract states that decorations must be taken down and cleared up by midnight however I think as long as there is no wedding the day after, we can remove them the next morning. I don't want to be clearing up on my wedding night or my guests having to do it so that has put me off DIY'ing it too!

Good luck with your decorations! I hope you get them finished soon so that you can have some pamper time! X

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    stellarpebbles ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I finished everything today, it's all packed and ready to go and I relaxed this evening by having my nails done with a friend. Success at last!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics