Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hiring chair covers with lycra bands

23 July, 2012 at 15:32 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

due to a limited budget - I am hiring chair covers but am going to be getting the ushers to do the 60 chairs on the morning of the wedding - as the hotel will charge to do this themselves and I cannot afford to pay the hire company's fees to do this services either.

I am going to lycra covers so its easier and quicker for the ushers to do but I am torn as to what to do for the sashes/lycra bands. I think the bands will make the job so much easier for the boys to do, but they do not look as nice as the sashes.

i am finding it hard to find any pictures online of a full breakfast seating plan where lycra bands were used instead of sashes hence i dont know which is best to do.

does anyone have any opinons on lycra bands or have used them for their wedding chair covers?

thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by tortoise, 24 July, 2012 at 08:59
  • tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

I think you're being very sensible opting for the bands instead of sahses if it's up to a bunch of boys to sort them out! If you google 'wedding chairs lycra bands' it comes up with loads of photos. Here's a few of rooms set up

They all look like they're from the same room, but obv examples of different colours.

Or you can get ones with a buckle detail:

and these are my favs from my brief Google search

HTH xx

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

If you did the sashes could you pre tie them so they only need to be slipped on?

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest this, but it would mean tying them round the actual chairs which may not be possible and also if th chairs taper in you would have trouble slipping them on. You could always test the boys out. Get them tying bows on your dining chairs at home, or teach them how to do it. They might surprise you and do a good job, then you can send them away to do the real ones knowing that they can do it right x

• N
    Beginner August 2014
    NadineL ·
    • Hide content

F.Y.I

I helped a friend set up for her daughters wedding the other week infact there was a team of us. she had ordered the chair covers to come which they did but please be aware
    some were differnet material to others, staines on the covers which you couldnt see until they were on and the sash although ur having a band took AGES!! 130 chair covers later I was ready for bed.

Good luck in what ever you decide but there are some good companies out there that have some good deals on at the moment .

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

With the colour of the purple I think either would look great, but I would probably choose ivory just because it'll match your dress x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics