Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner

Hiring Help/Staff for Wedding Day - Any Ideas?

AbC1, 3 of November of 2011 at 14:17 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all

I'm getting married next May and am having a very DIY kind of day. The ceremony and reception are being held in the same room and it's just dawning on me how difficult this is going to be to manage logistically without extra help.

We're trying to think of ways around this and the best I can come up with is hiring a few people to help with pouring drinks and rearranging a bit of furniture (nothign too heavy).

Does anyone have any ideas of where we can find people who would be willing to do this? I've been looking at agencies and companies who hire waiting staff but am not having much luck.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Latest activity by Anthony, 26 of April of 2024 at 06:19
  • Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe the local college or uni, students often need money and may as well help out those willing and struggling first rather than paying an agency as they can be very costly, or do you have friends with teenage children who could rustle up a few mates that would do it x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

When you say you haven't got anywhere with agencies, why?

It's tricky to employ people directly unless they are self employed. You become responsible for things like their tax, NI, emplyers liability insurance etc. Of course if you have some friends childern, who will do it on a casual basis then maybe you can get around all that stuff.

Have you thought about an "on the day" wedding planner? I'm not sure they would pour drinks, but you could see what they would do for their money? Where are you based?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried venue decorating companies?

• A
    Monmouthshire
    Alex ·
    • Hide content

Hey folks! I just wanted to share my positive experience with FD Capital , an excellent resource for employee recruitment. My interaction with them was nothing short of fantastic. The team at FD Capital is highly professional and knowledgeable, providing us with a wide array of candidates that perfectly matched our needs. Their assistance was invaluable in expediting our hiring process. If you're in the market for a financial controller, I highly recommend giving them a try.

• A
    Beginner April 2024 New York
    Anthony ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a DIY wedding can be both exciting and challenging. It’s great that you’re thinking ahead about logistics and considering hiring additional help.

Here are some suggestions for finding staff to assist with your wedding day:

Wedding Staffing Agencies:

Consider reaching out to wedding staffing agencies or event management companies. These agencies specialize in providing trained staff for various roles during events, including weddings.

Look for agencies that offer services like waitstaff, bartenders, and event coordinators. They can help you find reliable and experienced professionals.

You can search online for wedding staffing agencies in your area or ask for recommendations from other couples who have organized similar events.

Online Job Portals:

Websites like WedJobs11 and Indeed22 often list job openings related to the wedding industry. While these platforms are typically used by professionals seeking employment, you might find individuals willing to work on a freelance or temporary basis.

Search for terms like “wedding staff,” “event staff,” or “waitstaff” to find relevant listings.

Local Event Management Companies:

Reach out to local event management companies or wedding planners. They often have a network of trained staff they can recommend or hire for your event.

Explain your specific needs (such as pouring drinks and furniture rearrangement) and inquire if they can provide staff for those tasks.

Networking and Recommendations:

Ask friends, family, or acquaintances if they know anyone who has experience working at weddings or events.

Word of mouth can be a powerful tool for finding reliable staff. Someone in your network may know a bartender, server, or coordinator who would be interested in helping out.

College Students or Freelancers:

Consider hiring college students or freelancers. College students often seek part-time work, and freelancers may be open to short-term gigs.

Advertise your requirements on local community boards, social media groups, or university job portals.

Local Community Groups:

Check if there are local community groups or forums where people offer their services. You might find individuals who are passionate about events and willing to assist.

Specify Your Needs Clearly:

When posting job listings or reaching out to potential staff, be clear about the tasks you need help with. Specify the hours, responsibilities, and any relevant details.

Provide information about the venue, date, and compensation.

Remember to interview potential staff members to ensure they understand your requirements and are a good fit for your wedding. Communication is key to making sure everything runs smoothly on your special day. Best of luck with your wedding planning!

Dog Agility Training Near Me

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics