Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C

Hitched Automated Email

creative wedding planner, 4 December, 2010 at 13:39 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi All,

Is anyone else being bombarded by these automated email from hitched?

I have had hundreds so far this morning, driving me crazy grr

17 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 5 December, 2010 at 09:48
  • estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

I have been bombarded by emails as well

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

I have just deleted 55 emails?

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

I have come back to find that I have another 700 more e.mails, what a pain in the neck.

Hopefully they will stop soon.

I have regular client enquiry s, so I dear not delete all togther just in case.?

Managed to get to my clients in the snow and ice though today.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

If you go into your profile under Site/Forum Preferences you should be able to turn them off or disable them.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Yes i had loads again- have sent a complaint to the site. as i cant find out how to get my email address of the notifications. am not happy. why is the site doing that!!!?!!

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

Hi sherrie,

I have gone from having none to having thousands, do not wont to permanently switch it off, because it can be useful in keeping up to date with posts that I have previously responded too.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Found it- thanks sherrie- in the mean time i recieved loads more. do you know why this is happening? it happened recentalty.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Click no on this in Site Options on your profile

Send notifications
    When disabled no email notifications are sent for content you are subscribed to
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

I have just recieved 6 more emails!!

can you check my account to see if i have done it right- can you do that?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It means that you have posted on a thread & may have inadvertantly subscribed to it. Find out which thread it is and then you can stop the notifications.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, me too! Had 1200 emails from Hitched come through today - seems to be from every thread I have replied to for about the last ten days! Apologies to the few people who have sent me private messages which I've missed due to not receiving emails eg minicooper. Glad I'm not the only one who has had an issue!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I've let Dean know what is happening, hopefully he can sort it for you. It might be a glitch in the system as I have been getting emails which I should have recieved days ago so apologies to anyone I have not replied to. If you want to contact me directly you can email : *****@************.***

• D
    Beginner December 2012
    Dean @ Hitched.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Guys.

Really sorry but as most of you have worked out the process that sends you email notifications from the forum stalled and I didn't notice. Its kicked back in now and is working through the backlog of messages.

I don't really want to delete the whole queue as people may have important private messages in there as well as the standard forum reply reminders. Unfortunately turning off email notifications in your preferences wont help as the message is already in the queue. The preference flag is only checked as the message is created.

I will keep an eye on it over the next few days and try and work out what went wrong. We'll also try and work out a better process to spot it quicker if it happen again and prevent a huge backlog again.

Once again sorry for filling your in-box's with old messages.

Dean

• Kalin
    Beginner May 2011
    Kalin ·
    • Hide content

I just figured out how to link my new phone to my email address and yep you guessed it got tons of emails!!

i thought i was popular for a min !! lol x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

If anyone has had any unsolcited emails through Hitched can they forward them to me also as it seems they are being sent out as well.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'm not receiving notification emails as I never signed up for that but I have suddenly started getting spam emails sent via Hitched asking for money transfers. I'm used to these coming ordinarily but not coming via the Hitched site. There seems to be a lot of spammers/hackers/trolls around on Hitched at the mo - one certain person appears every morning very early as they did today!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Can you forward them to me please Brenda. I think I know who the spammer is and has been dealt with.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Okey kokey - will dig it out of my trash!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics