Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious July 2022 Cambridgeshire

Hitched Website Guest List

Lucy, 1 of February of 2022 at 07:33 Posted on Planning 0 7
Does anyone know if you can remove the drop down list where guests search for their names on the hitched wedding website, and replace it with something where guests just type in their names and submit? We feel a bit weird with guests being able to look up other people who are invited...

7 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 1 of February of 2022 at 12:07
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I think they do search for their name. Click on the wedding website icon and click ‘view as guest’ (top right) and you’ll be able to check.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, that's what we don't want - we'd rather they just type in their own name and submit rather than us having to input names. We're also not sure on some names (for example +1s) so not sure how to do that?
  • Katie
    Beginner July 2023 Mid Glamorgan
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    I had an instance where the wedding couple didnt know my surname and I had to ask them who they thought I was Smiley laugh not sure if there's a way around it though, as it uses the details for the seating plans etc...

Katie
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly what I mean! I'd rather people could input their own details and we'd have it correct (and their preferred names too)!
    Unrelated as well but whilst I'm on a bit of a rant... Hitched won't let me input names with less than three characters so I've got full stops in names like Jo so that it'll have them! 🙈
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Oh right. No, there’s nothing like that on any wedding websites I’ve seen - I guess because you wouldn’t want some random person inviting themselves to your wedding. The closest I found was from theknot.com where you can send a link to your guests and they fill in a form with their details. You then add them to the guest list and then they come back to RSVP, so it’s best to send the form with Save the Dates. There’s space for 2 names, which is good for +1s but not if you can’t remember children’s names.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh that's a good point about people inviting themselves! That'd be a nightmare! 😭 I'll have to check out theknot.com, thanks for the tip!
  • Katie
    Beginner July 2023 Mid Glamorgan
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh, that's annoying! Poor Jo. Could try an asterisk at the front to look special?

We're having trouble with our password not being needed which is annoying Smiley laugh
    Aaand the confirm attendance would be great as "you have to select one of the below options, not just say yes to all of them!" We need to know if they are just day guesting or not, but hitched will allow you to only answer one if they feel like it Smiley laugh Smiley laugh
    Katie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics