Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2011

Hitting Oxford Street On Saturday For Wedding Shoes :0)

Mrs Poon, 15 March, 2011 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 14

Well i'm off to Oxford Street with dress swotch in hand on Saturday with my Mum and Aunt in tow to see if I can get some wedding shoes.

I have had big problems upto now as it appears that my Benjamin Adams shoes that I have fallen in love with cannont be gotten anywhere (complaint email coming on to Paradox London).

Im am going to look in all the department stores like BHS, Selfridges and House of Fraser but can any for you ladies give me a little guidence to any other places there I maybe able to get shoes.

Am looking for ivory (more cream than yellow), round toe (October wedding so can't have sandles or pep toe) with no more than a 4 inch heal. I dont mind either cout or dolly shoe style.

Thanks in advance.

14 replies

Latest activity by niche79, 16 March, 2011 at 12:32
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Cricket Bride will be able to point you in the right direction!!

**yells**

CB, Where are you!!!!

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

I shall wait to see if CB can answer my wedding shoe prayer ?

Really having trouble with this part of the prep ?

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

Well apparently Selfridges has the biggest shoe department in the world! Other than that I like Aldo....

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I would say Selfridges and Debenhams are probably your best bet.

TBH Oxford street shoe shopping is my actual idea of hell - so I tend to avoid that so perhaps I am not the best person to ask! I find that Oxford street also has lots of High street shops, which are just bigger and show all the range as per the website.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Oxford Street on Sat- you must be bonkers!!

Failing that Selfridges, Debenhams and BHS all have bridal sections so you will find "weddingy" sort of shoes.

OR there are about a billion normal shops, theres Office and another shoe shop opposite Topshop thats name escapes me.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I hate Oxford Street on a Saturday with a passion so arm yourself with comfy shoes, some water, a lot of patience and some sharp elbows.

I'd recommend Selfridges as your starting point - biggest collection of shoes under one roof, certainly in Europe, maybe the world.

I'd also suggest you check out House of Fraser, John Lewis, Debenhams and Liberty (amazing Blahnik collection in there at the moment). Have a look in places like the Bridal rooms at House of Fraser, Pronovias and Berketex.

Also big displays in high street names like Aldo, Kurt Geiger, LK Bennett, Hobbs etc.

Going a little bit further afield, I'd suggest the lovely boutiques on Chiltern Street (in between Baker Street and Oxford Street) and Harrods and Harvey Nichols (Knightsbridge).

I'd also suggest you pop into Hush Brasserie just off Oxford Street for a medicinal cocktail to help you through the day!

Good luck!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

TOLD you CB would come through with the goods!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

There's also Emma Hope to consider. You've also got the bigger names of Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin, Rupert Sanderson etc to consider.

Westfield, near Shepherd's Bush, is a great place for shoes. I tend to buy a lot of mine from 'The Village' there. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Far less 'shopping mall' than most places, too.

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

CB you are like the Oracle of London.....I bow down to thee...

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I know my shoes and I know my food and drink haunts, Mrs Shark! ?

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies. Jotting all name down so I can plan my day :0)

Think Jimmy Choo outta my price range, though would be nice @o)

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Wow CricketBride you are like the Guru of weddings ? I have jotted all your points down and am hoping to find my dream shoes on Saturday.

Thanks you everyone for all your comments and help x

WATCH OUT OXFORD STREET HERE I COME :o)

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered these from bhs (they are online exclusive). £35 but found a £5 discount code online too. I had a pair of BHS shoes for bridesmaid duties last year and found them really comfortable all day.

http://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/114933/217608

good thing is I will pick them up from the store so if not happy with them can return there and then! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I see them when I looked on the web the other day. I am making it my mission to pop into BHS as have found a tiara i like (just want mums opinion before i buy) and try a few of their shoes on.

Thank you

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love The Village at Westfield, and the champagne bar in there, mmmmm

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics