Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2018

Hog Roast for the main meal

VillageHallBride954, 15 of January of 2018 at 22:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

Ive only just discovered this website but am loving it so far!

I’m getting married in September this year and haven’t sorted out catering yet. We’re doing a Village hall wedding in Surrey and are thinking of having a hog roast for the main wedding breakfast.

Ideally, we would get them to serve canapés and our drinks, with hog roast buffet for main with some salads and serve desserts to the table as well.

Has anyone done or planning to do this for their wedding? I have no idea what kind of price would be reasonable so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 11:30
  • L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a hog roast although it’s in the evening but the people we are using do tons of extras so I think your idea of canapés And hogroast for the main would be fine. The company I’m using also let’s you choose to add other meat like lamb and turkey, they do a full salad menu, veggie options and you can choose between a gas fired hog or a wood fired one.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

We had a hog roast for our wedding. Suprisingly, the best value for money was a supplier that had to travel to Surrey from up North! I can’t remember their name now... was a few years back.

Will they offer a veggie option? Are you doing an evening snack? We had a cheese wedding cake so offered cheese and crackers for the evening...

• N
    Beginner July 2018
    NikipenWick ·
    • Hide content

WE Are doing this near Brighton. The hog roast with three salad options/sides , stuffing and bread rolls came to £850 with swine dining and Sussex hog roast. She then agreed to do the bar and put wine one the table for us for 200 pound. Hunt around! She’s just started and is lovely and willing to work round the client. Good luck ?

• L
    Beginner September 2018
    LuxuriousYellowFlowers63032 ·
    • Hide content

My cousin had one at his wedding. The majority of people seemed to enjoy it there were a couple of issues with it though - they didn't provide a vegetarian alternative (my SIL ended up having potato wedges, coleslaw and a breadcake). The other thing I heard a few people say was the fact that the whole pig was on display was a bit off putting although they were meat eaters they didn't like reminding that it was an actual animal they were eating! i wasn't too keen on the head looking at me if I'm being honest but it tasted nice!

• DavidAdamsPhotography
    DavidAdamsPhotography ·
    • Hide content

They are quite popular these days in my experience, though some people do turn their nose up for various reasons. As someone else said, even non vegetarians can get funny about seeing the whole animal being carved up. Tastes good though!

• C
    Beginner July 2023 British Columbia
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hey I’m looking at this too! I asked for a few quotes and places have been great at sending their menus and pricing. I then went back to one provider with some of my bespoke requests - I want the main course to be served “family style” rather than buffet and I wanted their staff to help with serving the fizz during the drinks and canapés. For 100 people with Canapés, dessert served to the table and help cutting the cake (plus all my other extra requests) came to just over $5k. But honestly that is me asking for extra - the prices I was seeing when I first started looking were for in the $3k range.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics