Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephisaur
Beginner April 2017

Hogarths Hotel, Solihull - Photography?

Stephisaur, 7 of December of 2015 at 14:32 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all! Smiley smile

We've got Hogarth's booked as our Wedding venue and I was just wondering whether any of you lovely lot had gotten married there?

If you have, I would love to know who your photographer was because we're having the hardest time choosing someone we like! Some honest opinions would be much appreciated!

Also, any photographers on here who have photographed the venue, I would love to know who you are so I can look you up!

Smiley laugh

xx

7 replies

Latest activity by thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk, 8 of December of 2015 at 15:45
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Lovely looking venue ? You have Bill on here at www.leicesterwedding-photographer.co.uk which he is not too far away from you.

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We haven't shot at this venue, but we recently shot a wedding in Birmingham, because the couple had exactly the same problem - they couldn't find anyone local who's work they liked. What style you're looking for?

As a side note - you shouldn't worry about hiring a photographer who hasn't shot at this particular venue before, as long as you like their style and they are professional. Most will scout the venue before the wedding or even on the wedding day. Some prefer not to look at the venue at all, so they can have a fresh look and ideas on the wedding day.

Not exactly the answer you asked for, but maybe it helps a bit Smiley smile

Andy

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both for your quick replies Smiley smile

I will take a look at Bill with my fiancé when we get home Smiley smile

Andy - we aren't really sure at the moment. We want a mix of traditional shots, but also a photographer who will have fun with us. Not having shot at the venue isn't a deal breaker, but it's quite an unusual venue so I think we'd be more comfortable if they had or if they were at least willing to scope it out. I hadn't realised that some photographers didn't do that so that is a great tip, thank you Smiley smile

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think most photographers do scout out the venue, I know I do online and on the morning of the wedding as well, its nice to see how every thing is set up and get a feel for the venue and for the best spots for photos.

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like Anna and I may fit the style you're after. Feel free to check out our website Smiley smile

Most photographers will scout the venue beforehand - we always do, but everyone has different style and approach.

Andy

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We will definitely have a look at you guys - thank you Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the shout out Bruce but that is my old (archive site ) and my new one is here http://www.leicesterwedding-photographer.co.uk

No I haven't shot there either but I am just down the road in Leicester and prefer to stay fairly local so that in situations like yours if it is a venue that I have not shot at before then we will have a pre wedding consultation at the venue its self. It looks like a mix of quite a few venues that I have shot at many times before.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Great venue...the staff are fab there and it's an awesome venue to play at.

We worked with lots of photographers this year but take a look at kayleigh Pope or Sam Pommels.

Both take amazing shots and are really nice!

Good luck!!

James x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics