Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Holding "the girls" in place

Kayleigh, 23 of May of 2021 at 16:02 Posted on Planning 1 11
Has anyone considered how they're going to hold their boobs in place with their wedding dress on? 😅

Every dress I've liked is either backless, bare shouldered or both and I have too much weight in mine to let them just be free 😅
I'm considering tiddy tape but concerned if I sweat it'll come loose... If I don't go backless I'll be getting a corset but otherwise I'm a bit stuck 🤔 x

11 replies

Latest activity by Kayleigh, 23 of June of 2021 at 20:39
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bigger busted girl and my seamstress says that a wedding dress should be structured enough to provide the support you need without a bra. When I was in my dress (both when choosing and later for the alterations) I did indeed feel very held up and in! I haven't tried it on since the alterations have been done (go in next on 1st June) but I am sure it will be fine!

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That takes a weight off my mind! I could picture them dropping or a strap showing lol! X
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You really should of said ‘that’s a weight off my chest’ 😂 sorry I couldn’t help myself haha, but I also have the same concerns, I’ve had two children and the girls aren’t as perky as they used to be xx
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I missed a trick there 🤣 yeah it's the same for me, as well as years of my weight yoyoing 🙄 xx
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    My friend jokingly recommended gaffer tape 🤣 I am absolutely ready to do this if it comes to it, but I'll put cotton pads over my nips... Don't fancy ripping them off 😩😂 x
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I’m bigger on the chest and most dresses I tried on had built in bras, secret supports or I felt really supported in.

I tried a lot of backless and strapless ones on.
    The only ones where I felt the girls would be escaping were the really low cut ones and I mean super low cut and in dresses which were too big.
    My dress I brought has little straps which is normally a big no fit me and no bra inside. I feel so supported though in it. My seamstress had offered to fix cups and a strap in it but I reckon I can do my. Ruin every moves without any nip slip 😂
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a 34FF and in the past I’ve used stick on bras. You won’t get the support or shape of a normal bra, so it does depend how secure you need to be (and obviously the style of the dress) but it’s an option (as is gaffer tape for even more shape and support!). That being said, I was dress shopping this weekend and the styles I liked were all backless, and the assistants were able to explain the support that can (or can’t) be built into the dress. A corset style bodice at the front will be the most secure (and funnily, I think that’s what I’m being drawn towards!)
  • S
    Beginner April 2021 Leicestershire
    Samson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol so hilarious
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a 32FF and not wearing a bra as my seamstress said the support in my dress is enough, hope she’s right.
  • Amy
    Curious October 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Amy ·
    • Hide content

I’m a 34 GG and my strapless dress holds them in the right place, so no bra for me…for the first time in about fifteen years!

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all!
    It's a relief to know my dress will have some kind of support 🤣 xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics