Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2014

Hollin Hall Macclesfield venue buddy??+

Soon*2*B*Mrs*G, 7 of January of 2014 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 40

Hi all brides to be, just wondering If I have a venue buddy on here, we are getting married in august at hollin hall Macclesfield

40 replies

Latest activity by BridetobeMrsS, 23 of June of 2014 at 19:13
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at this thread if you are looking for a venue buddy ;-)

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/413187/3467932.aspx

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Hey hey!!

Me...waves!!!

We were due to get married there next month but have rearranged as I fell pregnant in June...

We have rearranged for Oct this year!!

Yey!!!!!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

Awww hey hey, congratulations on the baby, so nice to have a venue buddy,

we are getting married there 16th August, we should have been getting married in 2013 in march but fell pregnant with our twin boys who were born Feb 2012 so everything just got put on hold,

So excited to get married there, are you having the room downstairs or upstairs??

Tilly x

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

I was really pleased to come across you post earlier Smiley smile

We have gone for the downstairs room.

We managed to get a Groupon package at a really good deal so we have upgraded to the Ridge. I have my flowers and cake sorted but I'm clueless with Hair and Makeup. I believe they are having a wedding fayre in March but baby is due then so I doubt I'll attend. We live about an hours drive away.

X

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

We got the wowcher deal which I think is the same, we too are upgrading to the ridge too, it's beautiful in there the skylight is gorgeous, we live about an hour and a half away, we are in Morecambe, but when we went to look loved it instantly, it's just the right mix of old and new for us, we have had to upgrade our wedding breakfast numbers to around 100 due to having large family's but even doing that has left us paying far less than we originally planned without cutting any corners xx

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Great stuff!!

Oh it's exciting. How have you found local suppliers? I need to do a bit of work before the baby comes. Are you sticking with the main food package or have upgraded.

I need to dig out max numbers for the ridge. I'm presuming its 100 if thats what you've gone for. We have about 75 at the mo but havent sent out official invites yet to get an idea.

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are going to view it this Sunday, looking at 22nd Aug 2014! I'm excited to see it and hope it lives up to my expectations.

Kaz xx

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

It's perfect for us, we have upgraded the food package too so really Iit's still costing what it would normally but will be so worth it!!

Wow kaz you are gonna be busy fitting everything in, we had to book over a year ago and only just got the date we wanted as another couple rescheduled,

I will be going back through to have a sit down planning meeting with them to make sure everything is in place and try and negotiate a better deal on bedrooms for guests staying our wedding night

Xxx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jennapops ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Hollin Hall'er too - 9th August! Also having the downstairs room and looking to upgrade the food package although we haven't sorted this yet. Has anyone seen any of the bedrooms in person?

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

Eeek week before me!!

We saw the bridal suite which was nice but not the others I'm going to see them next time we go xx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jennapops ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad - was a bit daft and didn't think to ask to see them!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

I felt really nervous before we went to see it after looking on trip advisor but when we got there we couldn't have been happier, have you sorted out photographers?

What about hair and make up? We live in Lancashire so struggling with Finding people local to the venue.

Did our notice of marriage 2 weeks ago and the lady doing it nearly fell off her chair when she found out how much Cheshire East are charging for a 2pm Saturday wedding lol

Xxx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jennapops ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we have a photographer sorted but I'm also struggling with hair and makeup. I haven't found many online but also I want to look quite natural and some gallery pics are really over-done (IMO). Have you sorted your tog?

I know what you mean about the cost! It's ridiculous. My parents are always going on about how they "got married for a few hundred quid" - when that's how much it costs just for the ceremony nowadays! We're 2pm too so had the most expensive slot.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

You will be £660 aswell then? Will be worth it but it's such a lot of money and then £70 for notice of marriage too, will be glad when I don'thave to pay out anymore lol.

snap our photographer is sorted we are having a local one and got a fab price, hair and make up I'm really struggling with bevause like you I want quite natural looking makeup. Will let you know if I come across any good ones!

Gonna sound really stupid but what's a tog? Lol.

How have you found them at hollin hall they have been fab so far with us but I really need to go through and crunch some numbers with them, especially for hotel rooms, the local travelodge is only £24 a night at the min but some people don't want to have to jump in a taxi after a long day so gonna try and get them to do a deal especially with putting numbers up for ceremony and meal, more money through their tills and bar etc

Xx

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

I know it will be rush but I'm too impatient to wait till next year! It's the only date left this summer! I'm going this weekend we are staying over so will get a good idea of the place and sample the food and see what the rooms are like! I'm expecting a nice character building that is clean but maybe needs a bit of tlc which will reflect the good deals they offer! Can't believe the price of the civil ceremonies, on the date I'm looking at they only have 4pm available and that's £400!!!! We are hopefully doing a church service anyway. Yeah £90 seems steep for guests, most of our guests are within 15 miles but some are coming from Ireland so would be nice if they could all stay there together.

Xx

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jennapops ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, it's a ridiculous price but I'm sure it will be worth it Smiley smile

We haven't actually gone through that much detail with them yet but we're looking to visit soon. I agree about the hotel rooms too - already had some comments from relatives about the price but I have seen other venues with more expensive rooms! I have seen the rooms cheaper on other sites though if you've got time to do some shopping around.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on this weekend kaz? X

• C
    Beginner May 2016
    CJBAILEYRAE ·
    • Hide content

Hello All....

We have just found Hollin Hall this week... and we have an appointment to go and meet them and look round tomorrow morning.

I am beyond excited, and similarly just fingers crossed that it is as nice in real life as it is in my head!!

Caroline :-)

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsBuckleytoBe ·
    • Hide content

Another Hollin Haller here....5th September for us ?. We also got lucky with the Wowcher deal! We have had a quick nose at the hotel but not a proper viewing...to be honest, the location was enough to make our mind up. They have a wedding fair next month I think so will be going for a real look around then.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

WOW what a lovely looking venue.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, quite a few of us then!! I can't wait, 195 days and counting, have most things sorted now, although still need to find a reasonably priced hair and makeup artist, I have heard about the wedding fayre but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, I hope to though, if any of you want to add me on Facebook to make it easier to chat feel free, it's Tilly Kenyon, I can't believe how quickly this year is flashing by!! Scary stuff!!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on at hollin hall? X

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

My best friend is a make up artist and works for Mac at manchester airport. She also does freelance wedding make up. She is amazing! She told me I can pass her details on, I won't put her personal mobile on here but you can email her on - ************@*****.**.**. Natalie Robinson. She will be busy on 19th August 2014 though, doing my make up? xx

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

My best friend is a make up artist and works for Mac at manchester airport. She also does freelance wedding make up. She is amazing! She told me I can pass her details on, I won't put her personal mobile on here but you can email her on - ************@*****.**.**. Natalie Robinson. She will be busy on 19th August 2014 though, doing my make up? xx

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the four posts!!! Damn iPad! I thought I had put a reply on here after our stay a few weekends ago at hollin hall but it mustn't have posted! We loved the venue, amazing location, staff were brilliant, food was lovely! Saw a wedding happening and spoke to the bride the next day and she was full of praise. We aren't booking just because of availability no weekends left this year! That is the only reason, it's a great place! The rooms need an update but the manger said that is happening in the next couple of months. Lucky ladies who have secured a date already! It had a very friendly and personal feel to it and excellent value for money. Xx

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

That email isn't valid, just keeps bouncing back Smiley sad

• K
    Beginner June 2014
    Kaz1901 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, my mistake,

it's ************@*****.**.**

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies, ive been meaning to write a proper reply for weeks. Ive been signed off work Pregnancy related and I'm at the exhausting stage. Ill compose a reply tomorrow. I can setup a secret facebook page if anyone is interested or we can stick to this. oooooooo so exciting!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

Look forward to reading your reply,....yes to the Facebook page from me!! I use Facebook a lot so it's easier for me to respond and keep in touch, I often forget there's been a reply on here and end up forgetting to read it!! Hope all is going okay in your pregnancy, I was signed off for the end of my pregnancy with my twin boys, wasn't much fun, but at least you have wedding planning to keep you occupied! Xx

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone feel free to add me on fb and ill sort it. Would hate to exclude anyone if they havent got fb tho :os

Can you search via email on fb... *************@*******.***

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics