Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2014

Hollin Hall Macclesfield venue buddy??+

Soon*2*B*Mrs*G, 7 of January of 2014 at 13:19

Posted on Planning 40

Hi all brides to be, just wondering If I have a venue buddy on here, we are getting married in august at hollin hall Macclesfield

Hi all brides to be, just wondering If I have a venue buddy on here, we are getting married in august at hollin hall Macclesfield

40 replies

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

We can use here and Facebook Smiley smile nothing comes up when I put your email in x

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Oh thats rubbish lol

try Kath Hatfield myprofile pic is me and my OH in fancy dress and hes got a blonde wig on. lol

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    smartie83 ·
    • Hide content

Right ladies, I have the group page set up on facebook now but will still post on here.

Add me if you want to be added. Kath Hatfield Smiley laugh

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Soon*2*B*Mrs*G ·
    • Hide content

Hoping to get an appointment sorted this week so we can go through details and all the changes I want to make x

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

i viewed this venue yesterday and hoping to possibly book if i can convince H2B its the right one! going back this weekend hopefully.

the only thing that i thought when viewing the venue is that the Hollin suite (the downstairs evening party room) was a littleon the small side. i am having approx 120 night guests in total and i was told the room can hold 150 (i think!) but i just couldnt imagine the space being big enough, even with the bar area. there seemed to be space for only 6 or 7 large tables, where are the other half of the guests supposed to sit down if they need to?! am i making a big deal about nothing?

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm attending my cousins wedding on Friday at this venue. Will let u all know what it is like xx

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

Yes please do! Smiley smile

I really want to know if the eveing room is spacious enough/enough seating to meet requirements etc! X

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi just a quick update about this hotel as I attended my cousins wedding yesterday. All in all it was a lovely day and the hotel was lovely. Only couple of niggles was the ridge room that we ate in was like a sauna. There seemed to be no air con and the staff had to bring portable fans to stop the cake melting. After the meal the did speeches outside to cool us down a bit. The meal was nice, chicken soup then chicken breast with potato and veg with pofitor rolls. Portions were on the small side. The only little bug bear was my daughter had a child's meal which they brought with our starter so whilst we had our main course she was sat with nothing. The steps down to the gardens were very steep so us girls did have to remove heels. The evening room was pretty small. They had tables set for 80 and it felt pretty cramp. I personally think there is no way u would fit 150 in there. Evening buffet was nice again small portions. Bar prices were pretty high as well, OH had a pint I had wine and lemonade and it was £9.20 a round. Staff were very friendly. We didn't book to stay the night but Thursday I had a nosey as OH suggested staying, on booking.com it was £59 for a room but the hotel said for wedding guests the rate was £90 so worth asking guests to check online before booking. Like I said all in all very nice but if u have a large wedding party it will feel very cramp.

xx

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about hollin hall - really appreciate the help! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics