Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2011

Home made fudge favours - bag ideas needed

narie, 12 June, 2011 at 14:58 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi

I am ever so lucky my future MIL has been practising her fudge making skills and has offered to make my favours for me! We are either going to give people 5 small bits of fudge or 3 larger bits as a favours. I am looking for some small see through bags - does anyone know where I can get them from? Don't think it would look right putting fudge in organza bags would it? Also am wanting to find some homemade stickers - maybe personalised with MIL name on. Does anyone know where can I get these from?

Thanks in advance.

13 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 12 June, 2011 at 19:42
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Lucky you, love homemade favours, lakeland do the cellophane bags /12007/50-clear-gusseted-presentation-gift-bags-20-x-28cm Not sure about the stickers, would vistaprint do them?

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content

Vistaprint do loads of different sticker ideas. I'm sure eBay do loads of different clear bags, you'd just need to pick the size.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

What sort of style of wedding are you having?

If its the ever so popular quintisentially english village hall type wedding then you could get some of those old fashioned stripy sweety bags...

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

We are doing fudge, this was my attempt at a bag (minus the fudge at present, but some brown card inside to ensure it would fit!

Used some florist cellophane off ebay which was about £5 for 10m, and the same again for some cream netting. £2 for 10m of ribbon and then I have little thank you tags to attach by hole punching the pieces of card and threading through.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Only just took a picture, and sorry they look pretty naff there, better in the flesh! haha

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the quick replies... the like the idea of the cellophane bags as then the fudge can be seen. I am having a sweet table also at the evening reception - didnt really want stripy bags as havnt found any in cream or dark navy stripes... will have a search on ebay.

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

found some

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Blue-Candy-Stripe-Sweet-Gift-Paper-Bags-5-x-7-/280642959019?pt=UK_Packaging_Materials&hash=item41579fb6ab

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you libracat!! I am going to order those for my sweet table - hope they come out as dark as they look in the picture.

• a_white_izzy
    Beginner September 2011
    a_white_izzy ·
    • Hide content

Yes this is what I used to wrap my fudge/marshmallows at christmas time. You can get them from the works and in some wilkinsons. Plus they already have the sticky at the top which you just peel and stick so its easy peasy. Then you can lie them flat and put the sticker on the front. Hope this helps. ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

If I were you, I would keep it simple (though it depends if it fits in with your theme)... I would wrap them in greaseproof paper and tie them with jute string. Will cost you hardly anything and I love how it looks. You could use ribbon if you don't like the string.

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Oooh KV that looks lovely!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I've made no-cook fudge and wrapped it for Christmas presents for a couple of years now. I just buy a roll of cellophane and tie the fudge up in that (am thinking the bags may be easier if you are making a lot though, I only ever do a few rounds). I cut a piece of cardboard to the right size, wrap it in tin foil, put the fudge on that and then lay it in the middle of a piece of cellophane and bring up the corners and tie with pretty ribbon. (Hope that made sense!!) The cardboard keeps the shape right and looks good covered in tin foil.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics