Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2016

Homemade bouquet ideas...to take abroad!

RomanticPurpleDiamonds317, 25 of April of 2015 at 20:21 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

I'm getting married in Iceland, and have just looked at the cost of bridesmaids bouquets...£80 each! I know this is because Iceland has to import flowers but I have 4 bridesmaids and refuse to pay this amount for a 20 minute ceremony. I'm an artist so have a good shot at making them myself, but surely they'll get wrecked on the plane? Obviously I will not use real flowers, but does anyone have any suggestions for alternative bouquets that are sturdy and will remain so through a flight? ANY materials considered! Winter theme.

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPurpleDiamonds317, 26 of April of 2015 at 17:34
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Were having silk bouquets for Lapland and will be putting them as hand luggage. They are really light weight but cost us a lot. You can get them off eBay cheaper. Otherwise broach bouquets? Or even fur muffs? I regret not choosing fur muffs instead of bouquets now but I will sell our bouquets after I think

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I made my own and they were very robust. I packed them with tissue paper and they arrived i damaged. But the. We weren't on a plane, just a car. They could each pack their own in their own hand luggage though and that would protect them. Just keep them small and simple and they'll be fine. You could also consider not having bouquets, but perhaps a nice clutch back and a wrist corsage. Just a thought. X

• R
    Beginner April 2016
    RomanticPurpleDiamonds317 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I'm considering fur muffs, customized for each bridesmaid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics