Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

Homemade bunting - driving me mad!!

Kentish Gal, 27 of April of 2013 at 15:32 Posted on Planning 0 9

The invites, I enjoyed. The bunting? Nope. No way, no how. And yet it's been two months since I last did any. I've been at it 2 hours and I'm SICK of it, lol.

Anyone else find any DIY aspect of their wedding arduous?!!

9 replies

Latest activity by WickyWack, 29 of April of 2013 at 12:54
  • katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

I've been making invitations, tea light jam jars etc. but with the bunting I couldn't face it and just went on eBay. So well done you! I know people say its easy but that's the 1 think I just can't be arsed making myself ha x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

If its really getting to you, what about this instead? 5m are only £1!!!

https://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/party-bunting/

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you on this. Making bunting is the worst thing. I moaned about it a lot so my MIL to be has organised a 'bunting weekend' in the hope we can get other people to do it instead, or at least help. I think it needs some form of conveyor belt system! Good luck with yours! ? x

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    dwindlingsun ·
    • Hide content

I've had my Mum. mum's friend and step Dad helping with my bunting - managed to make 60 metres and still have another 20 metres that I need to put onto the binding but can't face it either!!! How much are you making?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah no, sensible idea but I wanted very specific type. I have bought a good deal on eBay, got what I wanted for good prices, but there HAD to be some homemade. Plus I'm doing the triangles that have to go out with the invites so I'm over my deadline already!

I don't know how much I'm making, I know I've made about 80 feet, I'll keep going until I've used up all my material! Every time we go away I buy more, which is downright stoopid. But I'll be very pleased when it's all up and I know how hard I worked Smiley laugh

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I have 500m of bunting to make and after an enthusiastic start after around 250m worth I am bored of it! Now using the excuse of I will start doing it again when there is a rainy weekend!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

How does anyone have the patience for 250m? That's astounding!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Patience is definitely wearing thin now! I keep putting off doing the rest.

I think it does help that MIL is sewing the triangles up for me, so I have been doing the cutting out. The bit that takes the longest is because I have been buying old duvet covers and curtains, takes forever to rip them down into flat pieces of fabric!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I've done about 50 meters and loved it! Though, I don't know if I'd be saying the same after 250m!

I used pinking shears and my trusty sewing machine and it took me about 10 hours (spaced over about 4 Saturdays)

It looks so lovely and I'm pleased with the results! I also made miniture bunting for our wedding invites which was super fiddly!

I did wonder what to do with it afterwards as there is no way I'm throwing it out and I was thinking potential future baby girls bedroom one day!

WW

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics