Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner September 2017

Homemade Fudge for Favours

Womanonabudget, 17 of August of 2016 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

I am thinking of doing homemade fudge for wedding favours. I have made a trial batch at the weekend which if I say so myself tasted fab!

I used a small cookie cutter to cut it into heart shapes (after it was set) but it was quite difficult to get out of the cutter, can anyone suggest a way to get it out easier. I tried soaking the metal cutter in hot water but it then put a layer or water onto the fudge so it made it a bit gooey!

Also I am not sure how to present them, I was thinking a nice clear bag with maybe some ribbon around the top. Any suggestions?

I am not sure whether anyone else has done this as favours but any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by Justkeepswimming, 26 of August of 2016 at 20:55
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Just wondering if it might be easier to cut the fudge into squares and then stamp them with a heart? Instead of cutting them into hearts.

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    Womanonabudget ·
    • Hide content

Hi Paula

It may end up being easier to do it that way if I cant come up with any way of solving the heart shaped problem.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea if it would work or not but have you tried dipping the cutter in icing sugar or cornflower? Either might just give it the 'slip' it needs to cut cleanly and come out of the cutter without going soggy! Cornflower would probably be more effective but might 'taint' the taste of the fudge- though you might be able to dust the worst of it off and then I doubt you'd notice.

Certainly worth a try to get the desired effect!

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I so nearly did fudge hearts for our favours for our wedding, but ended up doing something more personal to us (an old receipt for fridge cake which has been handed down)

Is the fudge set as in room temp or set from the fridge? I don't know if it would make a difference if it was hard from the fridge as then it might be easier to gently push them out with a finger?

When I was looking at this, I had planned to put them in clear confectionary bags, tied with twine (we used lots of twine!) and then I was going to add a label/luggage type tag saying thank you, which I thought looked simple but effective. You could obviously use ribbon or something different. I typed fudge favours into pinterest and it gave me loads of ideas!

Just be careful if you are using paper bags as the 'grease' from the fudge will soak through the paper.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

We had home made fudge for our favours and it went down really well! We just cut it into cubes though as I lost the will to live after doing the first 20 boxes. We got these boxes from Ebay (they are quite small but they fudge was rich so people said the portions were more than enough) and lined them with greaseproof paper.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I did heart shaped fudge for our wedding favours. I think it depends on the consistency of the fudge as to how well the heart shapes come out. I did a lot of experimenting and had a varied success with different batches but got there in the end! I am now sick of fudge lol. Is it sticking to the sides when you try and take it out the cutter? If so you probably need a harder set fudge, try boiling it to a higher temperature (not sure what recipe your using but I'm happy to post mine if you like?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics