Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pixie
Beginner May 2025 Co Antrim

Honeymoon advise

Pixie, 19 of July of 2023 at 16:46 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3
So me and my partner are currently planning our weddings in 2025, our legal ceremony taking place on May 30th and our big celebration on July 19th.

We decided we wanted to do a honeymoon after each, just to make them feel equally special if that makes sense. My partner wants to go to plopsaland in Belgium for a sorta “mini-moon” but for the bigger honeymoon I’d like to go somewhere more substantial.
My current idea is to go to Florida, potentially do Florida in May and then Belgium in July. My only question is does anyone know if May is up there in prices of if there’s a substantially cheaper month? Cause I could technically swap Florida for after the July wedding but wait a could months if that makes sense?
I’d appreciate some ideas and opinions x

3 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 19 of July of 2023 at 23:44
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

If you go away in July/August after your 2nd wedding day then you will be travelling during the school holidays. So, I would expect somewhere like Florida to be more expensive then than a few months earlier.

You may also want to consider the weather because Florida will be hotter and you will be in hurricane season from August onwards.
  • Pixie
    Beginner May 2025 Co Antrim
    Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I know July and august are weather no goes, and due to my work September is a no travel month anyway, my question was do I try budget Florida for after the May wedding, or do I budget it as a belated honeymoon for say October or November?
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think there is a right and wrong answer to the order of your honeymoons. The only other thing I can think of to consider is - Do you think you will have lots of jobs to do in June in preparation for your July celebration? You might not want to book a long honeymoon if you will be stressing over everything that needs doing to get ready for July.

We are having 2 honeymoons, 1st was a short break 2 months after our wedding and 2nd will be a longer one 10 months afterwards. I've found it nice having that gap after the wedding because I could concentrate on preparing for the wedding itself and then have time afterwards to change my passport, deal with the rest of post wedding admin and look forward to a honeymoon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics