Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Dedicated April 2023 Kent

Honeymoon after having kids

Ladybird1088, 7 of July of 2021 at 23:01 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

We're getting married at the end of April 2023, luckily everything is now planned and all that left to do is the last of the legal side, send the invites and wedding outfits for the bridal party.

My fiance and I can't agree on where to honeymoon though, I was thinking somewhere quiet and closer to home like Greece, he want to do the Seychelles. As much as i would love to, we'll be leaving our 3 kids with my sister, they'll be 10, 6 and 3 years old. I've only ever left them for 3 nights before our youngest was born, so the thought of leaving them for 7/10 days leaves me feeling sick with anxiety.

I'm fully aware that once I'm there with a cocktail in hand and some much needed peace I'll probably be fine, but is/has anyone been in the same boat and can give any advice on how to get over the feeling of dread about leaving them to go on your honeymoon.

3 replies

Latest activity by Marie, 11 of September of 2021 at 11:14
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    The longest we have left our children is 6 days , we were going to go to the Maldives for 10 days for our honeymoon but due to Covid that won’t happen this year. I found the 6 days flew by and we had a wonderful time even though we missed the children. We’ve always said even though are mum and dad we are still a couple and need couple time. The day you leave is the hardest but after that you start relaxing xx
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    We are hoping to go to Mexico for 10 days - our children will be 6 and 4 and will be the longest we have ever left them but we know it will probably be the only chance we get to go away on our own for the next 10 years!
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    We have what will be 10 year old twins when we get married and I think the most they have been left is for 1 night. We are hoping to go to Cyprus a few months after the wedding, I booked 4 nights in the end. They will be at school for most of it and my mum and sister will be looking after them along with their 18 year old big sister.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics