Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2012

Honeymoon - Cape Verde Islands

Jun12_Lyndz, 14 March, 2011 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hey ?

Hope you are all well, and wedding planning is going good!

My OH and myself as decided to go to Cape Verde Island near Africa for our honeymoon, I'm really looking forward to it as I've heard a lot of good reports of the island.

Have any of you Hitchers every been or even have had family or friends that have been!

4 replies

Latest activity by septemberbride2011, 15 March, 2011 at 13:31
  • SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Yes my friend was there last year with her fiance & some friends. She says its a beautiful Island with a great breeze so you can stick the heat. But she said it was quite boring - not much to do inside or outside the hotel and whilst it was a RUI hotel the food wasnt that great.

She put me off it - I wanted to go cause of the short flight (5 hours!) but my friend said it was an alrite hotel but she didnt think it was a honeymoon destination & to be honest she wouldnt go back again.

Check out trip advisor and see what the reviews on there are like - there are 3 different Islands so maybe some are livlier than others!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

mr brother went for his honeymoon 2 years ago and said the very same!! he got bored after 3 days with literally nothing to do!

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I was going to go here for my 40th next week but decided against it in the end, as I dont think there would have been enough else to do apart from lay on the beach.

I am now going to Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt, just me & the hubby & no son!! Cant wait to get away & spend some time in the sunshine

Debbie

x

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

This is where me and the O/H have decided to go. We get married Saturday 29th Oct 11 and look to fly out 31st Oct 11 (mY b-dAY) ?.

What hotel have you decided on? I'm looking at the Rui ones with Thompson.

x

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on what you like, I hate noisy resorts and would rather stick a rusty nail in my eye than go to a commercial bustling resort. So if its peace and quite and to totally relax this sounds just the place for you.

My worst nightmare is people hassling me to buy something aargh hate it just leave me alone I'm on friggin holiday **runs off and gets a Turkish phrase book!** x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics