Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner November 2014

Honeymoon- Cape Verde- Recommendations?

rach_S_, 22 of June of 2014 at 21:03 Posted on Planning 0 3

After asking a question on here of where we should go on honeymoon in November, we have been looking at Cape Verde, it looks lovely.

Has anyone been? Anyone got any tips or recommendations of where to stay?

Excited!

3 replies

Latest activity by Wife In Training, 23 of June of 2014 at 22:02
  • N
    Beginner January 2016
    NB87 ·
    • Hide content

I got engaged in Cape Verde in January :-)

We went to Boa Vista which is the quieter island and stayed in the Riu Karamboa (sp) hotel. It was all inclusive but there are different restaurants you can book into which stops the food getting too repetitive, the beaches are beautiful and it is great for a relaxing holiday! The hotel was only 2 mins from the tiny tiny airport (no noise issues or anything and a great transfer after the flight!)

I haven't been to Sal which is supposed to be a bit more touristy but some people we met in Boa Vista said that they preferred Boa. I hope this is helpful! I would say if you like cultural stuff to do then it probably isn't the place to go but if you want nice beaches, boat trips, etc and relaxing by the pool then it is great.

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I think I commented on your other thread- we're going to Cape Verde in December!

We're staying at the Riu Tourareg which is a 35 minute transfer from the airport. The travel agent made it really clear to us that this was a holiday to relax and do nothing on- if you want adventure Cape Verde is defiantly the wrong place! With that in mind we're staying for 7 nights rather than 10/14 because I think that's long enough to chill with a book without getting restless. The only other thing they said to be aware of is that the sea can be very rough with lots of red flag days. I hate the sea though so this doesn't bother me!!

NB87- How was the weather there in January?

: )

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NB87 ·
    • Hide content

Weather was 25+ degrees in general. It can get quite breezy as it is off the Atlantic but wasn't a problem. Word of warning - take higher level sun cream than normal as it is close to the equator and a lot of people get caught out! Sun cream to buy there is 25euros!! Most of the reps keep some and will swap low for higher factors which is helpful! We did 7 days which was perfect but could have easily done 10 with a few of the excursions. We did a boat trip and quad bike tour but there were a couple of others that looked good.

Sea is rough but when you are on the boat they take you to a sheltered bit you can swim in, still a bit of a current though!

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect! : )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics