Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2015

Honeymoon Cost

simone12, 7 of August of 2014 at 19:39 Posted on Planning 0 36

Sorry for the duplication in the honeymoon forum...If you don't mind me asking, how much are you spending on your honeymoon? I am in the process of looking at different options and the honeymoon budget seems to be getting out of control! Are you having a 'once in a lifetime' trip or a 'normal' holiday? Thanks

36 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 10 of August of 2014 at 12:30
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

£0. We're not having one but I thinking we were we would put £1000-£1500 for an all inclusive package.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We were looking at about £6,000 including flights but not including spending money. However, we've had to cut back significantly and are now either just having a cheap holiday in the UK or, if the budget will stretch to it, spending £3,000 on an all-inclusive package with a company like Sandals.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

Ours has cost nearly £3000 to go to Orlando. This doesn't include meals or spending money. However our honeymoon is our gift list and we've probably got half of the cost covered already through donations.

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to the same place where we got engaged, Vasilikos in Zante, Greece. It's going to cost around 1100 for 2 weeks bed & breakfast and last time we took 1000 euro spending money but struggled to spend it. My dress is costing more than our honeymoon! but it's a place we fell in love with and has everything we could want in a holiday! Originally we considered Universal Studios in Florida but it's just so much money xx

• B
    Beginner August 2015
    Bets2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are having the holiday of a life time. It is rather pricey and stressing me out a little bit but now we've booked it I'm looking forward to it more than the wedding. It will be two weeks of bliss as a married couple and something we'll never do again so we've gone for it! Smiley smile It's costing us £5500 - with that we are going to two places and have flights, accommodation and chauffeurs and also it means that we can eat and drink in any of the restaurants in our second location. So we just need a bit of spending money in our first location for day trips and activities. Like others have mentioned we are having it as our gift list so our guests can donate to it online rather than a present x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be the 'once in a lifetime' variety hopefully but no idea how much it will cost. We are hoping to spend 2 weeks in Japan, not cheap, but we're putting it off until around 7-8 months after our wedding to save up especially for it. It seemed like too much to be spending all in one go with the wedding and what not. We will probably have a mini moon straight after and we've not talked about the budget but I can't see us spending more than £1000 for the two of us.

• Mrs P to be 2015
    Beginner March 2015
    Mrs P to be 2015 ·
    • Hide content

I-go-by-many-names we're doing the once in a lifetime trip to Japan too. It's crazy expensive but it's something we've always promised that we'd do so it'll be worth it. Probably going to end up being about £6,500 before spending money but we've gone down the honeymoon gift list route too so that helps.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Were going to Dubai and Qatar - were flying emirates and stopping half board on the palm in dubai and another 5* hotel in qatar - deffiate once in a lifetime holiday £1100 each. Wish we was doing it a few months after tbh so i would have time to save up some spending money!!

• Joebella44
    Beginner March 2015
    Joebella44 ·
    • Hide content

We're doing once in a lifetime trip. We're addicted to travel and have been very fortunate to already have visited a lot of amazing places, we always said if we got married our honeymoon would be a long trip. We're doing an 8 week trip, starting in Bahamas, then road tripping across the USA with small side trip to Canada, We looked at typical honeymoon destinations and they were soooo expensive for just two weeks all inc in somewhere like the maldives, we worked out that for a couple of grand extra and a lot of planning/research we could do an 8 week trip for not too much more.

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

We've spent £3000 on 2 weeks all inc to the Dominican Republic. It's not our usual choice as we normally like to go east but it's our first holiday with our 1 year old daughter so wanted something relatively family friendly xx

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    simone12 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies! Its good to see all the different amazing honeymoons you've all booked. We are thinking of a multi centre trip in Thailand. It really will be a once in a lifetime holiday and was scared I was getting a bit carried away but now realise that that's allowed!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a once in a lifetime because it's our honeymoon. It might be but a week in our caravan in north wales but it's our honeymoon so once in a lifetime, and that's all that matters. It's what we want to do.

your honeymoon should be what's important to the two of you, budget is a factor of course, but it doesn't have to cost the earth. X

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

We're probably going to spend about £2000 all together. We're looking at Greece or Italy. Tbh that is a once in a lifetime for us because we've never spent that much on a holiday and I've never stayed in a 5 star hotel.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    simone12 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't mean to imply that a smaller budget could not also be a once in a lifetime holiday, of course all honeymoons are once in a lifetime (hopefully!)

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome. I think its madamred who is also really into Japan. Thought it was just us, we tend to get weird looks/comments when we tell people where we are going. But this is from people who only visit places because they are cheap or because some person down the pub/hairdressers told them to go. Philistines!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

We've not even thought of honeymoons yet- although at this rate it'll just be skegness haha!

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, nothing to add other than to say we got engaged in the DR! Lovely place, you'll have an amazing time.

We're still a long way off but expect we'll do the once in a lifetime trip thing... looking at combining a safari and beach holiday somehow x

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content

I really want to think about ours, but we are putting it off until a few months after the wedding. Hopefully we get away somewhere nice, but not sure where yet. I can't imagine we will spend too much on it, but will hopefully be somewhere we haven't been before as we both love to explore new places!

I expect we'll go on a mini-moon somewhere in the UK straight after the wedding.

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

We decided to splash out on ours as we haven't ever been on a proper holiday together and probably wont get the chance again as we plan to start a family after the wedding. Ours is costing about £5500 for 11 nights in South Africa.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

We would have loved to have gone somewhere far away for a couple of weeks but having a 2 year old, we didn't want to spend too long away from him. So we have decided to have 5 days with him just in Newquay staying in a self catering lodge with it's own hot tub and a swimming pool, bowling on site. It's just going to be a really fun few days with our boy Smiley smile This has cost us £450.

Then we are going away for OUR holiday...going to Marrakech in Morocco for 1 week all inclusive Smiley smile We wanted somewhere that felt fairly different to a standard holiday we would go on but because of only going for 1 week we didn't want to travel too far and lose the days either side. This has cost us £1200.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I've got no idea where we're going on honeymoon, OH has booked it all as a surprise but we were working on about £3k per person. All I know is what jabs I need to get and that it's for 10 days.

We're doing a minimoon in Rome after the wedding which has cost around £250.

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

We spent about £6k travelling the West Coast of USA, definite once in a lifetime trip, but we had a fairly cheap wedding so we could have the amazing honeymoon.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Ours was £3700 for 2 weeks all inclusive in Mauritius. It was amazing!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Mauritius for 2 weeks, all inclusive, for £3500

once in a lifetime, but it is a honeymoon and any honeymoon should hopefully be once in a lifetime!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Nothing, we're not having one!

Eventually we will have a 'honeymoon' at some point, and we want to go to New York for a few days, so however much that costs. It won't be for a while yet, as we can't leave the rats (yes our pets rule our lives!).

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    sdj86 ·
    • Hide content

We are spending a week in a luxury Barn conversion in Cornwall! Perhaps not once in a lifetime, but i am a firm believer in that its not where you go as long as you are together and have an amazing time!! ?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We decided that while a honeymoon was really important to us to relax as a couple after the wedding, the "once in a lifetime" trips could wait. We've got the whole of our married lives for that, when we're not spending crazy money on getting married first! So we're going to a 5* all inclusive in Egypt for 2 weeks, around £2300

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Ours is going to cost in the region of £10k. (Oh2b she really has no idea it 14.5k) That said we're going all out on a premium all-inc 10 nights in the Maldives, in a deluxe sunset water villa and membership of the Atoll's premium club with exclusive restaurant and bar, personal butler service etc.

The Maldives was is on both our bucket lists and will almost certainly be our 'holiday of a lifetime'.

That said, our wedding is very small (16 people) so we've been able to splash out on the honeymoon of our dreams and is the reason that we're delaying our wedding by a year so that we can afford it all.

• Dramatic
    Beginner April 2015
    Dramatic ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 5000 for 2 weeks in Mexico (not including spending money) but that is for me, OH and our son. We're also having a mini-moon just me and OH in Edinburgh at a little boutique hotel which is costing about 1000 (including spending money) which I will probably enjoy just as much! x

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

We're definitely in the 'once in a lifetime' camp. We can't go on honeymoon straight after our wedding as I was already committed to speaking at various conferences for work in the weeks after the wedding, so we decided to both set aside December in our work diaries. We had originally thought of doing two weeks skiing in a plush North America resort but then decided that as we're not going abroad this summer we'd fancy some sunshine. So we've now booked a three week trip to Australia, New Zealand & a two night stop on the way back in LA (which I'm quite excited means we're literally going round the world!). Flights, accommodation & car hire have cost around £6k, then there'll be spending money when we're there, which will have to include all meals as no food is included yet, although we have booked some self catering apartments so we can save some money eating in a few days.

• K
    Beginner November 2014
    Kwal ·
    • Hide content

Ours is around £3400 for 7 nights, all inclusive, 5 star resort in Mexico, can't wait! Smiley smile

• Purple_lilies
    Beginner September 2015
    Purple_lilies ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking of Thailand. We've never been before and were meant to go a few years ago but then the OH needed a shoulder operation and well since then its been engagement, house and well now wedding haha. Anyone else thinking of Thailand? or have been before? and also cost? :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics