Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Pugsley*
Beginner March 2014

Honeymoon decisions... Mexico Vs Jamaica

*Pugsley*, 24 of March of 2013 at 19:58 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13

Hi,

My OH and I have spent the afternoon looking in to honeymoons and have narrowed it down to two we like.

Catalonia Royal Tulum Beach and spa resort in Mexico

Vs

Couples resort negril jamaica

Jamaica is just over £1000 more than Mexico and we just can't decide whether it's worth it.

What are other people's experiences with Mexico and Jamaica? Or has anyone been to either resort?

I'd appreciate any help with choosing!

Thanks.

13 replies

Latest activity by jonesy10, 8 of April of 2013 at 17:00
  • J
    Beginner August 2013
    Judy77 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great!

We are also thinking about to go to Cuba or to Mexico!

Would be nice to hear some recommendations!

Smiley smile

Judy

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Its such a difficult one...

We're doing Mexico - Secrets Maroma.....

My family are from Jamaica so we were tempted to honeymoon there, and my best mate LOVES Jamiaca and had an amazing holiday there...

Now Cuba - Wow! We went there two years ago and stayed in Cayo Coco...Never been to such an amazing beach in my whole life, there was nothing to do apart from enjoy each others company, eat, drink & relax but we were happy with that...

Mexico & Jamaica both have lots of things to get stuck into if you want to!

x

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

My vote is for Mexico! I went a few years ago and had an amazing time. The beaches are gorgeous, lovely people and there are lots of things to do if you want to.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help guys, I'm still so torn though.

Maybe I should convince OH we need 2 honeymoons ?

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Haha! Yes, 2 honeymoons would be good....

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at both places. Our final choice though was Sandaks Royal Caribbean, we are getting married there in November& staying 2 weeks for our honeymoon.. My friend got married at couples swept awsay & loved it, but said it was more rustic than Sandals & Sandals was more up market.

Its so hard to choose as they all look fab. We thought Jamaica was just a nicer place to go overall Smiley smile I suppose it depends on your budget as well though Smiley smile

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Yeah my friend went to that Sandals just after Christmas and has highly reccomended it so we might look in to that now... just to confuse things further.

And there was me thinking we'd narrowed it down to two options. Thank goodness we've got a while to go to decide!

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I researched for a while before booking. Sandals Royal caribbean was the one I kept going back to though...it just seeemed so right for us, I love the fact that it has a private island as well Smiley smile

Have fun choosing xx

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I havent been to Mexico but Ive been to Jamaica and its amazing, theres no place like it. Were going to Couples Swept Away in Negril for our honeymoon, we chose there over Couples Negril as its on 7 Mile Beach so you can walk along the beachfront where theres loads of bars, restaurants etc. I think Couples Negril you are a bit more confined to the resort unless you want to get cabs/buses, we liked that we could go walkies! I did loads of research on trip advisor theres a forum on there I suggest you post on, youll find people who have been to both no doubt. And read the reviews on the resorts

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I havent been to Mexico but Ive been to Jamaica and its amazing, theres no place like it. Were going to Couples Swept Away in Negril for our honeymoon, we chose there over Couples Negril as its on 7 Mile Beach so you can walk along the beachfront where theres loads of bars, restaurants etc. I think Couples Negril you are a bit more confined to the resort unless you want to get cabs/buses, we liked that we could go walkies! I did loads of research on trip advisor theres a forum on there I suggest you post on, youll find people who have been to both no doubt. And read the reviews on the resorts

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

I adore Mexico, we got engaged there. Its such a beautiful country. ? We are going back there for a 3 week honeymoon. I love it because there is quite alot to do there and its safer than Jamaica to go out in the resort, Jamaicia is on our hit list though so no doubt it will be our next holiday after the honeymoon. Both places are lovely and im sure you will have a great time either way! xx xx

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We decided to go with Mexico in the end... it got to the point where all the holidays looked the same so we went with our first choice.

Plus we've never been to Mexico before and for the price we'll have a fantastic honeymoon! I can't wait!!!

OH likes a little project to make him feel involved in the weddding planning. Now the honeymoon is booked he's moved on to stag-do's after having also done a wedding website. I don't know what I'll give him next to keep him occupied?! ?

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yay for Mexico! We had an great time when we went, and your honeymoon will be amazing. Very envious.

Haha l need to think of some projects for Mr Erin!

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

JAMAICA JAMAICA JAMAICA...I have been to Couples and its gorgeous and the staff are so amazing. I have also been to Mexico and its lovely there too but I will always swing back to Jamaica as my family are from there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics