Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2024 South West London

Honeymoon donations

Lisa, 19 of February of 2024 at 16:52 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10
Hi, wondering if someone can help. We get married April this year after being together 10 years. Instead of gifts we were thinking of asking for donations to a honeymoon instead. Which site is best to go to for a qr code to get paid by guests. Unfortunately my bank does not offer this option at the moment.
Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Abby, 9 of April of 2024 at 23:03
  • Jess
    Curious October 2025 Durham
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve never heard of a QR code to be paid by guests. If this is a thing thanks for bringing it to my attention. We are also going to ask for donation to our honeymoon but just planned on people putting money in a card which is what most people I know have done. Hope you manage to find something
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    You could use PayPal as that has a QR code functionality. But I don't think you need it be so fancy, as the previous person said you could ask for money in a card. Or provide your account number and sort code on the invite or wedding website.
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    I also would like donations for honeymoon. We have been together 11 years this year Smiley smile we already own a home don't need anymore bits.
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We are looking at using Prezola as also would like donations towards honeymoon rather than traditional gifts x
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We were going to use PayPal, that looked like the easiest option to us, but then our honeymoon provider had their own site just for this. It has the QR code feature you’re looking for Smiley smile
  • G
    Beginner July 2024 Suffolk
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope you don't mind me asking this, but who is the honeymoon provider that you have used? X
  • P
    Beginner June 2025 West London
    Priscilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To add to this, I am currently setting up Honeyfund. I think prezola costs money, is that right? Anyone can share their experience would be most helpful!x

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We booked a 2 week trip to Thailand through Kuoni. We did a multi-site stay, city, beaches, jungle and they handled everything, it really was a once in a lifetime honeymoon experience.
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    We are off to The Caribbean
    Smiley smile Also will be expecting money via money in card. If our close family prefer to pay us via bank transfer then that can be arranged.
  • A
    Beginner May 2024 Hampshire
    Abby ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in May and using Prezola, seems to be working well so far!xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics