Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2015

Honeymoon gift list

Pink1986, 9 of August of 2014 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

Morning all

Spending a morning flicking through my bridal mags and have seen an article on this. Is anyone else thinking of doing this? Or has anyone been to a wedding where the bride and groom asked for a contribution to the honeymoon rather than a gift? OH loves the idea but I'm still slightly sat on the fence as to whether it's a little bit cheeky?
I think any pennies we got as gifts we'd be using to pay off the honeymoon anyway?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

X

7 replies

Latest activity by *Funny*Bunny*, 9 of August of 2014 at 18:17
  • Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We have used a honeymoon gift list for our wedding. Guests can either give a general donation or they can actually buy an experience such as tickets to a theme park, flight upgrades, private transfers or evening meal. So far we have had lots of gifts using this and I also get email notifications when someone buys off it with a message from them. It is really easy to keep a track in who bought what when sending the thank you cards out.

• stepht85
    Beginner May 2015
    stepht85 ·
    • Hide content

Hey

i think this is a really good idea! If people buy tickets or experiences for you to do on honeymoon as gifts there creating memories for u and you can take pictures of you both and share with whoever bought you the gift!

pandabarney...who did you use for your gift list please??

thanks

steph

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We've done this. Ours is with Honeyfund.

https://www.honeyfund.co.uk:443/

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We set one up with trailfinders. I don't personally see it being anymore cheeky than asking for actual gifts. Although we will be credited with the final amount after our honeymoon and already paid for it, it has allowed us to book a few excursions and we will specifically mention this and include a photo on our thank you notes. One of my friends did this and it worked out well and I was more than happy to contribute. At the end of the day, guests will do what they want and if they want to buy you an actual gift they will. I'm just happy they are turning up, gift or no gift!

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

We've asked for contributions towards our honeymoon instead of a gift list.

I wrote on the back of our invitations

'your presence is enough but if you feel you would like to get us a gift we would really really appreciate contributions towards our honeymoon'

nobody has seemed offended and mom said most people give money anyway xx

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

We have our honeymoon through Virgin holidays at Debenhams through gift list, and just asking guests to contribute that way. But we have paid for the honeymoon already as the balance was due in June. We will just be credited any money that is given through the gift list after the wedding. I think some guests will give us cash or cheque towards the honeymoon too.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We did ours through our travel agent. We booked through an independent company called Wedding Escapes.

• *Funny*Bunny*
    Beginner August 2014
    *Funny*Bunny* ·
    • Hide content

We set up a honeymoon gift list through Trailfinders Smiley smile we also have a debenhams gift list so that if people don't want to give money towards a honeymoon but still want to get a gift they've got things to choose from or an idea of the things we need/like!

I like the idea of including photo of an experience on the honeymoon in the thankyous to people who contributed Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics