Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2010

Honeymoon Gift Lists

Aliwoo, 29 of July of 2009 at 20:50 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi,

We're thinking of asking out guests to contribute to our honeymoon as our gift list. We've been living together for the last two years, and recently bought our own house so have all of the items we would normally ask for on a gift list.

Can anybody reccommend the best way of going about this? We're getting married 31/072010, so we've got a while to organise it all properly, but just after advice really!

Aliwoo82 ?

6 replies

Latest activity by blueeyedgirl, 3 of November of 2009 at 09:44
  • Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Try Thomas Cook, Thomson or Trailfinders, they are all very helpful for this kind of thing.

(I have no idea why the text above has come up bold, I cannot seem to turn it off either!!

• C
    Beginner April 2010
    chynashodan ·
    • Hide content

We were looking at gift lists for honeymoon, but they all tend to be restricted to certain tour companies to not pay a fee or guests paying a fee on their contributions. A friend cameup with a very simple idea of opening a 'gift list' bank account and giving guests the details. They made me realise that this way none pays any fees or commision and the whole money is ours and if any is left over once our honeymoon is paid for then we can do what we want with the rest instead of having to leave it in the tour operators coffers as a deposit on next holiday.

We were seriously looking at trailfinders and kuoni anyway. Bottom Drawer also looks ok and honeymiles

Good luck!

C

Wedding day: 10th April 2010

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Lawliet ·
    • Hide content

It can be hard to come up with new and creative gift ideas for couples like you. But I think best thing to do is let your personalities be your friends/relatives guide. ?

best wedding deals

• N
    Beginner
    niccles ·
    • Hide content

Hi - There are some good online gift list website out there.

Try online gift list Whatidlove.co.uk - you can set up a list and ask friends and family to contribute towards your honeymoon.

• B
    Beginner August 2007
    bish ·
    • Hide content

Hi Aliwoo, i see someone has suggested www.TheBottomDrawer.co.uk already so that's good! I'm Ian from www.TopDrawerHolidays.co.uk and The Bottom Drawer is our sister company - hundreds of couples use it each year to help pay for their honeymoon so it's worth a look. Plus they have a lot of security features in place to make it far more secure than a lot of other gift list companies - you can read more about things to look for when considering which service to use on their website.

Some of the things to consider are does the gift list allow cheque payments and telephone orders - for those guests that don't have internet access? Also, many travel company gift lists won't let your guests contribute once the 8 weeks prior to your holiday has been and gone - which as most guests don't give until a few days before your wedding isn't much use! And if your guests give more money than your honeymoon costs, what happens to the extra - do you have to spend it as vouchers at that holiday company or can you withdraw it as cash and spend it on whatever you like?

Hope that helps but if you need any more advice please just let me know.

Ian from www.topdrawerholidays.co.uk xxx

ps if you haven't booked your honeymoon yet then give us a shout as we offer FREE use of The Bottom Drawer's service! If you have then hope this helps still!

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I read this thread with interest as we want to have a honeymoon gift list, we'd have been living together for 4 years when we get married so have everything we need, we could do a traditional John Lewis gift list but I feel we'd been adding stuff for the sake of it and i'd much prefer the honeymoon. Plus as like you we dont have much, or anything, left in the budget for honeymoon!

The only problem im finding after doing intial research is that we dont want to do a traditional honeymoon, carribean/beach, we fancied travelling round Italy or Australia and some of the companies dont do this, or if they do its loads more expensive than when we book ourselves. We'd want people to give vouchers rather than cash but then so we can use them on what we want!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics