Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NYE2012SparklyBride
Beginner December 2012

Honeymoon Giftlist - which website is the best to use?!

NYE2012SparklyBride, 1 August, 2012 at 09:07 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya - we're starting to pull together invites and want to have a honeymoon giftlist type. Was just wondering if anyone could recommend a website to use for this - would ideally like one where people can put money towards experiences / things on the honeymoon as well as donate money?!

Thanks in advance for all your help ladies!!!

8 replies

Latest activity by icklelea, 2 August, 2012 at 15:18
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have a website but guests could buy us Kuoni gift vouchers if they wished which we could put towards the honeymoon.

I have used Honeymoney as a guest before, which was easy enough to use and it was broken down into things like dinner, cocktails, flights etc. whether the money actually went towards those things or just cash into an account I don't know, and I was a bit miffed when researching my own that they actually only received 90% of our gift as Honeymoney charged a % fee from each gift. If I had known this in advance I would have just given them the cash.

• LauraC2B*2013
    Beginner June 2013
    LauraC2B*2013 ·
    • Hide content

We are using Honeyfund.co.uk, can put in your own list of gifts and prices for anythign and then request people give us a cheque or cash (there is a paypal option but they charge 3.25% + 50p per transaction) as we didnt like the other sites where they took part of the cash or your could only use them with certain companies.

x

• NYE2012SparklyBride
    Beginner December 2012
    NYE2012SparklyBride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies - I was doing some googling and came across Honeyfund. Have set up a basic account and had a play looks good - think I might even pay the £29 to upgrade and have it look extra pretty Smiley smile

Thanks again girlies Smiley smile xxx

• LauraC2B*2013
    Beginner June 2013
    LauraC2B*2013 ·
    • Hide content

I upgraded! wasnt going to but wanted it to look pretty and have lots of pictures of us. also could personalise all the little pictures for the gift list which was nice

• NYE2012SparklyBride
    Beginner December 2012
    NYE2012SparklyBride ·
    • Hide content

I just upgraded and so glad I did - I think it makes such a difference Smiley smile Love it - thanks!! xx

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

Might be too late but we're with zankyou. We have created own list of experiences and although they take a cut (3p in a £1 I think) it was the best rate for the service we wanted. Basically, people can buy or put money towards experiences we've chosen to do on our 6 month RTW trip. They can use the site to pay and it will automatically say 'sold out' on the giftlist. Other people have given us cash/cheques and pledged it towards an experience and we can then manually select sold out. Can also RSVP etc on it.

• NYE2012SparklyBride
    Beginner December 2012
    NYE2012SparklyBride ·
    • Hide content

Are you sure it was Honeyfund not one of the others as their aren't any restrictions on the site on what you can use the money for and you either have cash / cheques or paypal money straight into your account so they don't have any of your money to start off with Smiley smile

x

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics