Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

Honeymoon help - March 2015

*CrazyCatLady*, 7 of April of 2014 at 21:00 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 15

I think I've probably been more indecisive about the honeymoon than any other aspect of the wedding. I'd really, really appreciate any tips/advice...

What we really want is...

LUXURY!! Good weather. 14 nights. for a maximum budget of £5,000.

We are totally open to any destination, but have heard that weather wise, the best places are Mexico, The Maldives, Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, Thailand

But for the budget we have, we are struggling Smiley sad

If anyone can offer any advice, help, tips, ANYTHING, I'd be so grateful!!! xxx

15 replies

Latest activity by starparking01, 30 of June of 2014 at 07:38
  • MrsWendy2016
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsWendy2016 ·
    • Hide content

My parents are off to the Maldives for their 30th anniversary in Sept and I'm sure they said it cost 5K. They are going for 10 nights though. Maybe go in to a travel agents and see what they can offer with a bit of bartering?

• K
    Beginner November 2014
    Kwal ·
    • Hide content

We are looking at Mexico for the week and its coming in at roughly £2500 and that's a 5 star hotel all inclusive so £5000 for 2 weeks should def be possible. We have found Virgin or Kuoni have the best deals on for Mexico Smiley smile x

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

We're looking at the same sort of places as you at the same time. One of the top tips we've got is to look at doing a "twin centre" holiday, particularly if looking at the Indian Ocean and twinning somewhere like Sri Lanka and the Maldives and doing a week at each, which can drive the price down. Also worth stating that it's a honeymoon for freebies, and looking at deals where you might get extra nights (although that won't work as it's peak season in the Maldives, it might in the Caribbean for example).

We're shopping around at the moment and finding that prices vary wildly, even on the same islands at the same resorts, between providers, so definitely worth doing the research -I'll let you know when we find something if you want to compare notes!

• A
    Beginner July 2015
    AmyRobbs ·
    • Hide content

Thailand is amazing, beautiful islands and beaches. But it depends if you want to go all incl. or not?

• LittleLovers14
    Beginner June 2015
    LittleLovers14 ·
    • Hide content

You should consider the fiji islands! My friend was there not long ago and it is really awesome and cheap! Whats expenisve is the flight...

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

We went to cuba in March this year. We had 4 days in havana b&b and 10 days all inclusive at a beach resort. I think it cost us just under £3k in total.

Weather was 30 degrees every day. Would definitely recommend it. We just booked through Thomas Cook

• LeeshSmalls
    Beginner July 2014
    LeeshSmalls ·
    • Hide content

We just booked a trip to the Constance Maldives this August. It will tick all the boxes in terms of the luxury your looking for. However, March may be high season and the prices could be a little too high.

Thailand is a lovely option especially Ko Samui and well within your budget.

You could ask travel agents to find an option for a split in accommodation, we are doing 6 nights in a beach villa and 8 nights in a water villa. That significantly dropped the price while still getting a taste of that water villa luxury and honeymoon indulgence.

If you mention its for your honeymoon you can sometimes get free nights or treats depending on the travel agent. Kuoni have a lovely collection of luxury destinations that may give you a good starting point in choosing where you want to go.

Good luck! xx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We went to Sri Lanka & Kuramathi in the Maldives in March 2011. £4,500 for 14 nights. Booked a Kuoni trip but through Blue Bay Travel who were about £500 cheaper than Kuoni direct.

I would say for the Maldives that you don't need a water villa, they bump the cost up massively but the garden/beach villas are just as luxurious! Or as a previous poster mentioned, do a few nights in each if you want that experience.

• AlmostMrsT
    Beginner February 2015
    AlmostMrsT ·
    • Hide content

We have booked our honeymoon for march 2015. Eventually chose the paradisus rio de oro in Cuba. 2 weeks all inclusive (adults only, bonus!) with a total cost of £3400, give or take a few quid.

Actually, that price includes extra leg room on the flights. Not necessary for me, but future husband is 6' 2"!

Before choosing Cuba, we also looked at Dominican Republic, Mauritius and a few others. Maldives and Seychelles were way out of our price range :-(

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone - we decided to compromise on the length of time in order to be able to afford the best room in the best hotel - so we have a luxury water villa in The Maldives for one week!!! SO EXCITED!!!

• LeeshSmalls
    Beginner July 2014
    LeeshSmalls ·
    • Hide content

Omg! A luxury water villa you lucky gal!! That sounds amazing and such great news that its all booked! Which resort are you staying at?

Im so excited for you! :-D

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're staying at the Centara Ras Fushi Resort Smiley laugh xx

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Sarah5790 ·
    • Hide content

What about a cruise then your able to visit more than 1 place? X

• S
    starparking01 ·
    • Hide content

I wish I could go for a honeymoon in Switzerland. That's the only thing my girlfriend has asked to me.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics