Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner March 2013

Honeymoon Help - Sri Lanka then the Maldives

Rachel87, 16 of November of 2012 at 16:26 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hi,

We are planning on spending 2 weeks in Sri Lanka then a week in the Maldives for our honeymoon. However I have spent a lot of time researching and travelling the far east and never really looked into either of these countries. Just wanting to know if anyone can recommend any good places to stay or where to visit?

Thanks in advance

Megs x

8 replies

Latest activity by kkattie007, 27 of February of 2013 at 21:08
  • M
    Beginner August 2013
    maddychamonix ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

I was out there a few years ago. It's such a beautiful part of the world Smiley smile

Maldives - I can't remember the exact hotel I went to but it was with Kuoni and it was really really nice - we all had private bungalows and the hotel took up just the one island. They organised other activities too like snorkeling, diving, banana boating etc. So maybe take a look at Kuoni's website as they were really fantastic when we went.

Sri Lanka - I spent most of my time down the west coast, which is lovely in its own right but to see the real Sri Lanka I would suggest going inland to a place called Kandy. If you want some beachy action then head to Hikkaduwa on the south west coast.

Hope this helps! When are you thinking of going?

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

I'm not helpful at all because I was 12 when I went and not involved in planning but we did exactly the same and it was a great holiday, perfect choice for a honeymoon!

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

We're not guided tour people thats the only issue. We would rather travel around ourselves however this is looking really expensive especially for such a long time over there. Maldives is for a chill out but neither of us can spent a lot of time not doing much hence why we wanted to spend longer in Sri Lanka.

Looking at other destinations as well now as it is proving expensive to do what we both want! ARGHHH!!

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    maddychamonix ·
    • Hide content

Yeah thats the hard thing - we're in the same boat. We want to do the beachy stuff because, well, its a HONEYMOON, but at the same time we get bored with beaches after a couple of days. So we're going to Bali as its the best of both worlds.

But Sri Lanka is absolutely amazing. If it is proving too expensive you could skip out the maldives and travel down to the south west coast of Sri Lanka to Hikkaduwa as thats a lovely beach. However the Maldives is definitely more luxurious. i agree that Kuoni is worth having a look at.

x

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, we are going to Sri Lanka and the Maldives as well, 7 nights in each. We booked through Kuoni. We are heading out to Sri Lanka first and have our own driver once we arrive there, we are wanting to go to the elephant orphanage as well (think the combination must be pretty common!) and then staying at vil Uyan for a few nights before heading into a couple more places for the rest of our time before flying out to the Maldives and a resort called Kuramathi. We can't waity, but still have nearly a year until we get married!

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We did this for our honeymoon in 2011... 7 nights touring Sri Lanka and 7 nights in Kuramathi - all booked with Kuoni. It was amazing, totally out of this world.

Sri Lanka https://www.photobox.co.uk/1xC8C8A7/creation/829316463?cid=puksecs001

Kuramathi https://www.photobox.co.uk/1xC8C8A7/creation/831166989?cid=puksecs001

• C
    Beginner March 2014
    cornishbride2bee ·
    • Hide content

Im watching this thread with great interest, as we too plan on Sri Lanka for our honeymoon. xx

• K
    Beginner January 2012
    kkattie007 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at club hotel dolphin looks great we are going to book it for ourwedding next year 2014

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics