Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liverbird
Beginner August 2012

Honeymoon hotel - book under married or maiden name?

Liverbird, 11 January, 2012 at 13:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Ok so I realised the other day that I had booked our flight tickets under my maiden name, even though we're going on honeymoon 3 months after the wedding, so ample time to change my passport. D'oh! However it's not a problem - my passport has enough validilty beyond what is required left on it, and I'm assuming we'll get charged an admin fee to change the booking now so probably better to leave it alone.

However - we're booking our hotels ourselves, and now I'm stuck as to whether to book these in my married name or my maiden name?? If I book in my married name, will they query the fact my passport is different on checking in? If I book in my maiden name, how do we prove we are recently married to be eligible for any honeymoon extras??

3 replies

Latest activity by Liverbird, 11 January, 2012 at 13:38
  • G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

I would book them in my maiden name to be sure they match my passport, since hotels usually ask to see these when you check in. I'd then take the wedding certificate (or a certified copy) as proof of your recent marriage for the honeymoon offers. To be honest when we were on honeymoon nobody queried it even though I had booked in my maiden name and we automatically got treated like royalty since there was a note we were on honeymoon on our booking. It was lovely!!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

We got told by the travel agent to book in my maiden name but we are going a week after we get married.

I would personally book the hotels in your maiden name just to save any confusion with the booking and then take your marriage certificate with you- we've been told to take ours to the hotel as we get some extras for it being a honeymoon if we can prove it. Alternatively email the hotel you are thinking of staying in and ask them the question

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

We got told by the travel agent to book in my maiden name but we are going a week after we get married.

I would personally book the hotels in your maiden name just to save any confusion with the booking and then take your marriage certificate with you- we've been told to take ours to the hotel as we get some extras for it being a honeymoon if we can prove it. Alternatively email the hotel you are thinking of staying in and ask them the question ?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Cheers, I thought this might be the case! I will make the booking in my maiden name then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics