Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2018

Honeymoon Idea's for May 2018

SunnyRedConfetti854, 9 of June of 2017 at 13:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

This has become a tougher decision than I imagined, we need idea's and have a few requirements:

• Long Haul - so Europe is out of the question (we have already seen a lot of Europe also)
  • I am a Sun Worshiper and It doesn't matter how how it is, if it's cloudy then that's no good for me. A few hours a day is acceptable but I pretty much would like warmth and clear skies.
  • I don't mind large hotels, but the future husband does not and would like an adult only resort or somewhere that isn't built up with loads of buildings like Miami.

Any help will be appreciated!

Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by BlossomKatie1993, 1 of July of 2017 at 16:48
  • S
    SunnyGreenBridesmaid874 ·
    • Hide content

That's a shame you need May. Otherwise I would recommend the centrara ras fushi resort & spa maldives, but the best season is September - April and the moister clouds and rain starts in May. But good luck in finding the right place.

• L
    Beginner October 2018
    LuxuriousPurpleCakes889 ·
    • Hide content

What about Cuba? A friend of mine went there in June and she said it was amazing! It doesn't look like Miami for sure. Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner May 2018
    BlossomKatie1993 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I can relate to this! I'm also stuck looking for a long-haul May honeymoon for 2018. Have you looked into Mauritius? There are some adults only resorts and it's actually a good time of year for weather there. I think I saw on one website that some areas of the island can get windy but all in all May is a decent time to go with hot sunny weather. It is quite expensive though so just depends on your budget! The Seychelles is also great for weather in May.

The Caribbean is the best location for adults only hotels. I have been to both Mexico and Dominican Republic and I think both are lovely honeymoon destinations! (Mexico for me was so much better though I definitely recommend it!)

The only thing with the Caribbean is that the rainy season starts in May, so there can be the odd shower here and there, and worst case scenario, a whole day of rain. I went around May-June time to both destinations and this didn't really bother me!

Weather wise, Cape Verde is meant to be beautiful and hot that time of year. There are some lovely hotels but they all seem like they are in the middle of no-where, so if you're after a relaxing honeymoon, i'd look into this destination!

Generally, a lot of the long-haul destinations have better weather during our winter. I am actually getting married in May and wanted to go on my honeymoon a few days afterwards.

I hope you find inspiration soon and I'll also be keeping an eye on this forum for any ideas!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics