Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nicola3186
Beginner June 2013

Honeymoon in June...where to go???

nicola3186, 8 of December of 2011 at 21:37 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

So we are getting married 15th June 2013 and are stressing about where to go on our honeymoon.

We go away abroad every year as a family to the greek islands or the canaries but want to go somewhere 'special' as we will be going away on our own,

My partner wanted to go to the caribbean but I know that it is the rainy season/hurricane season so don't know what to do??

Any help much welcome!!

11 replies

Latest activity by Sarah67, 5 of May of 2012 at 21:50
  • P
    Beginner June 2012
    Pockers ·
    • Hide content

We are having the same problem. June 22nd wedding and would be nice to go as near to the wedding as possible rather than leaving it. We are also asking for contributions to the honeymoon as our wedding present so not sure whether to book now and just hope we get near to the cost to cover it or wait until we know what we can spend. All the good deals seem to be for early bookings though.

I have seen that Aruba seems to be all year round sun as not in hurricane belt so may consider that.

• C
    coniefoxdress ·
    • Hide content

How about go to Maldives,it is the amazing place around the sea ,and you can enjoy the quiet environment with your honey,,hehe?

• P
    Beginner May 2012
    Peyaleed ·
    • Hide content

Getting married end of May going to Ecuador and Galapogos from few days after wedding to mid June.

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    soon-to-be-Mrs-King ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am getting married 30th June and have booked our honeymoon on 2nd July to Mexico for 2 weeks. We have never been to Mexico before but have travelled to many places in the Caribbean (Jamaica, St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Dominican Republic) all during the months of May - September.

They do say that the rainy/hurricane season is during the months of May-October but if a hurricane is going to occur it is usually during the later month of October. As for the rain, well, of all the places i've been to it has hardly ever rained and if it does it down pours for about 10 minutes and then the blue skies come out again.

Honestly you can't go wrong in the Caribbean, it is not like England where it rains all day every day like I said the most you'll get is a down pour for 10 mins and then blue skies again.

Of the places that I have visisted I would say the following:

St Lucia is beautiful, just stunning, it is like a picture postcard everywhere you look and the people are so friendly, loads of site seeing and tourist activities, very safe to just walk around and the hotels are gorgeous. (visited 4 times)

Dominican republic is very hotel based not much going on outside. (visited 1 time)

Jamaica is a gorgeous country full of culture and good vibes, the people are very friendly and there is loads of site seeing to do. (visited 3 times)

Barbados is beautiful, gorgeous seas, friendly people, but not a lot to do with regards to site seeing. (visited 2 times)

Antigua is stunning, the sea views are amazing, but a very relaxed holiday, not much site seeing and very hotel based. (visited 1 time)

Wherever you choose in the Caribbean you will have an amazing time.

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    laura421 ·
    • Hide content

Hi im also getting married on the 15th of June 2013 and we are having exactly the same problem on where to go im leaning more toward mexico but still no idea.

• Mrs*S
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs*S ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Barbados (in 40 days time, can't wait!), wihch we picked after a LOT of research. We wanted soeehere where we could just chill out and relax. Technically its the rainy season from June to October but apparently when it does rain its not too bad and everything dries within minutes. MY BFF got married 2 year ao and went to Barbados too, from 25th June for 2 weeks, and it rained slightly on one day. So we're hoping that seeing as we're going from 10th to 22nd June we won't get any rain. We've picked Waves hotel on the west coast (can only book through Virgin) and we're really looking forward to it. Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

Im so glad i just clicked on this! WE'RE DATE TWINS!!!!! im thinking exactly the same about where to go as you! We were thinking of going to mexico but have been told that is hurricane season too so that put us off...im guna keep looking at this now so hopefully we will both be sorted!

?

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

Im so glad i just clicked on this! WE'RE DATE TWINS!!!!! im thinking exactly the same about where to go as you! We were thinking of going to mexico but have been told that is hurricane season too so that put us off...im guna keep looking at this now so hopefully we will both be sorted!

?

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    bride2b84 ·
    • Hide content

I am 15th June 2013 as well and I am also struggling to find my perfect honeymoon destination!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Koh Samui in Thailand? It's in the gulf of Thailand so the weather patterns are different to say phuket etc. Have a research.

That's we're off too!

Have a read of these:

http://www.thailandvillas.net/koh-samui-weather.php

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/ko-samui

http://www.samuiwave.com/wthstats.html

• S
    Beginner June 2013
    Sarah67 ·
    • Hide content

A wedding day twin. this is also the day of my birthday so 2 things to celebrate. We booked our honeymoon on Friday and have booked 10 days in Ballagio in Italy. Can't wait ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics