Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Savvy July 2015

Honeymoon in London - Where to stay?

RomanticGoldConfetti108, 29 of July of 2014 at 07:43 Posted on Planning 0 19

Me and my fiancé absolutely LOVE London, so we decided that we would love to go on Honeymoon there and stay in a 5 star hotel and eat out at Michelin Stared resturants and just be pampered for a long weekend. However I haven't got a clue where to stay and am looking for some recommendations please? Also if anyone has any ideas on any romantic/ couple excursions that would be great thank you x

19 replies

Latest activity by Siab1982, 30 of July of 2014 at 11:27
  • D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying at The Landmark on our wedding night and can't wait!

What do you enjoy doing? Off the top of my head - a show, london eye, wine tasting at vinopolis (great day/evening and can often get good offers for this on groupon etc), comedy night...

• G
    Beginner September 2014
    gemjoy ·
    • Hide content

Michelin Star restaurants:

http://www.londontown.com/Most-Read/Michelin-Starred-Restaurants

Great cocktails -

http://www.purl-london.com/

http://www.thezettertownhouse.com/cocktail-lounge

Brunch at the Delaunay

Brunch or Afternoon Tea at the Wolseley

Afternoon tea at the Ritz

Hotel: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lonpr-st-pancras-renaissance-london-hotel

The list is endless! Smiley smile

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

How about the Shangri-La hotel in the Shard!

Just to add, it also has a restaurant and it's worth going up to see the view across London and they have a champagne bar!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a healthy budget? The top 5 star hotels usually start around £400 + per night.

The Dorchester (slightly bias as I got married there) They also have Alain Duccase (sp?) 3 star restaurant inside.

45 Park lane- also home of Wolfgang Pucks 'the cut' restaurant awesome steak.

The Savoy

Claridges

The Corinthia- they have the most amazing suites!!

The Mandarin Oriental- Hestons Dinner restaurant is also located here.

The Milestone & hotel 42- smaller boutique hotels that have rave reviews on tripadvisor.

I would recommend a champagne brunch at The Landmark or cook book cafe at the intercontinental if you in town on a Sunday.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Also be sure to let the hotel know it's your honeymoon so you might bag a free upgrade, champagne etc and make restaurant reservations as soon as possible particularly if it's the weekend. Hestons Dinner restaurant for example is usually booked up at weekends 2 months in advance.

• L
    Beginner March 2015
    leastone ·
    • Hide content

Galvin at Windows is a lovely michelin starred restaurant it has floor to ceiling windows which overlook London.

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Restaurant - Roux at Parliment Square is amazing

Cocktails - Head for Sushisamba. You dont need to book if your just having drinks. The views over London are well worth the drinks cost.

As for hotels, as other have said, the price ranges so would need to know a budget

• R
    Savvy July 2015
    RomanticGoldConfetti108 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your help ladies, will have a look at some of those hotels and restaurants! Our budget is around £2000+ ish for 4 days ish! We would like to stay at a luxury hotel for the first night and then the other couple of nights stay at a 4 star hotel! X

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I had dinner at Claridges on my 30th, it was a very special evening - devine. The hotel was beautiful, though we didn't stay there, we stayed at another which I forget the name of, which was supposed to be a treat but in reality was actually a bit of a disappointment.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I can definitely recommend the afternoon tea at the Corinthia. We went there earlier this year and it was fantastic.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

If you like Steak, then I can recommend: Hawksmoor (there are a few dotted around London), MASH and STK - all really, really tasty.

Great cocktails can be had at: Radio rooftop bar at ME Hotel, Savoy Hotel, Connaught Hotel. You can just go into their bar areas. Great fun, posh and delicious.

Just please don't stay at, or do anything at the dorchester hotel. It is owned by a not very nice man who said some terrible things, and holds some horrendous views about gay people. The Dorchester should be boycotted.

When is your honeymoon? What month of the year? Perhaps we can all think up some weather friendly activities for you.....

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd be interested to hear what Funky has to say about this, he held his SS wedding there and I've only ever heard him sing their praises?

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

If you can, have dinner at Simpson on the Strand - part of the Savoy - you should definitely go for the roast. It's famous for it and they carve the beef at the table - the yorkshire puds are incredible too!

• NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

If you want a luxury boutique hotel, try the Ampersand in South Kensington

they have amazing customer service and are well known for treating honeymooners with little gifts. rooms start from around £200 per night for a standard double and go up to £500ish per night for a suite

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry OP I don't want to derail your thread but I feel the need to respond to this.

I did indeed have my gay wedding at The Dorchester and we were treated like royalty, it was fabulous and the staff were amazing.

The Dorchester's collection of hotels is financed by the Sultan of Brunei, who has been in the press recently concerning the treatment of gay people in his country.

I obviously don't agree with his actions/laws and think people are entitled to and should make a stand on such matters. But The Sultan is one of the richest men in the world and it would be naive to think that boycotting his hotels will effect him directly in anyway (his wealth is from oil/gas, he just buys hotels with his 'pocket money'). Instead think about the poor staff that work in his hotels trying to provide for themselves (and their families) they would be the victims of any boycott action because they would be the ones laid off in the first instance to level out any losses.

Finally London is full of other middle eastern investment the majority of countries from the region have questionable gay rights/laws/equality. As a result you could probably rule out the majority of hotels in this thread.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Oh I forgot to add we stayed here the night before our wedding we found it slightly cheaper than other hotels in the area.

http://www.montcalm.co.uk/

Also The Bvalgari is beautiful http://www.bulgarihotels.com/en-us/london/the-hotel/overview and the Langham http://london.langhamhotels.co.uk/

• Mrs P to be 2015
    Beginner March 2015
    Mrs P to be 2015 ·
    • Hide content

All of the Firmdale hotels are wonderful, you could try their latest Hams Yard, but you can't go wrong with the Haymarket hotel or number 16 for something a bit smaller. Don't stay at the Me hotel though, possibly the worst service and just generally underwhelming. xXx

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the Verta, it's 5 star a little out of Kensington and cheaper than the others! It sits on the Thames and it's gorgeous, we stopped there last year for my birthday, food is amazing, views are amazing and so are the staff. Xxx

• S
    Siab1982 ·
    • Hide content

Try the Bloomsbury Hotel. It's in a fab location just off oxford street and walking distance to everywhere. Lovely hotel and not too expensive given the location!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics