Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2016

Honeymoon in maiden name

Beckyyy, 23 of August of 2016 at 18:25 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone,

I just want to double check that what I am doing is correct. We have booked our honeymoon and I have put down my maiden name down as my surname, all my documents I have (passport, bank cards ect) are all in my maiden name, it's just that when we go we will be married and 'technically' have changed my surname but I wouldn't have change my name over on paper. Is this ok? Do I need to let my travel insurance company know?

I did ask our airline when booking and they said it's fine but I just want to double check that it is ok.

Many thanks in advance ?

4 replies

Latest activity by donkey86, 25 of August of 2016 at 09:57
  • S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. ?

I've also booked our honeymoon in my maiden name. I have also taken out travel insurance in my current name. As long as all of your ID and booking details match then it's not a problem at all.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I booked and travelled in my maiden name. As long as your passport matches the name you booked the holiday in you will be fine.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I'm travelling in my maiden name too. The lady at the travel agent told me that you can get a passport in your married name beforehand and book the honeymoon in your married name but that you have to give the passport to the registrar to keep hold of until after the wedding?! I don't know if that's true or not but it seemed too much of a risk to me! X

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I'm flying our on my honeymoon next week and it's all booked in my maiden name - flights, travel insurace, EHIC, passport.

I will be taking my marriage certificate with me, in case there are any questions, but it should all be fine.

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm travelling in my married name - we get married on the 10th Sept, and go away on the 12th Sept, and I already have a passport that shows what my new name will be. You do have to get the registrar to fill in a form, but it's not true that they keep the passport.

You just fill in this form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/passports-for-newly-weds-and-civil-partners and the registrar keeps one bit and you send the other bit off to the passport office. They then send out the new passport straight to you - it doesn't go to the registrar. The only potential issue is that it's dated from the day of the wedding - so I got mine in July, and because it says 10 September in, it's not valid until that day, so if I'd wanted to go abroad in July or August I wouldn't have been able to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics