Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

traciey2kbabe
Beginner July 2015

Honeymoon in Maldives - July/August 2015

traciey2kbabe, 20 of January of 2014 at 21:27 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13

Hi All,

New to the site but wanted some good advice.....

Me and my H2B have always said how we would both love to go to the Maldives, I stated at the time that in my eyes its a "honeymoon" destination and would love to save this for my honeymoon....

Anyway looks like were officially going, as he proposed Smiley smile

Would like advice on the best place to go in the maldives i.e. the best islands to stay for different things to do? I know that the maldives is quite remote and will basically be a chilled honeymoon (which i so desperately crave) however i would like to get out and about whilst there every now and again.

Can someone also advise, if you have been there the best hotels to stay..... i am not putting a budget on our honeymoon but dont want to spend a "ridiculous" amount.

Ideally we want to stay in the water villas/bungalows, a 4-5* All Inclusive -but where its livelier than the remote remote islands.

Can anyone please advise? I know places to go in Spain etc but Maldives.... i haven't a clue!

13 replies

Latest activity by Latasha, 15 of February of 2022 at 10:13
  • traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Oh also, i have read on here that someone went through Dubai on the way home - This sounds like a good idea too Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    smudge1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have booked a trip to the Maldives as part of our honeymoon in June. Each island is a resort so you pick an island rather than a hotel. We're staying at kuramathi as it's one of the bigger islands and there's a bit more to do. I've heard from people that it's not really worth travelling around whilst your there and most people stay on their island and relax (not sure how much thus is true though). Just to give you an idea on price, it's cost us just over £5k for 10 nights in a jacuzzi water villa. You've got loads of options to combine it with a trip to Dubai, Sri Lanka etc. best thing to do is to go into some travel agents and look at different islands and price it up - that's what we did.

Hope you find something you like Smiley smile

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

i have heard about Kuramathi from a travel agent previously.

Please could I ask where you booked your honeymoon?

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    smudge1234 ·
    • Hide content

No problem Smiley smile

Kuramathi is exclusive to Kuoni, but you can book through a third party (and it will still be a kuoni holiday). I googled a couple of third parties, negotiated with them to get the best price. We ended up booking through Blue Bay Travel and saved about £800 from the kuoni price.

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    suzyh1000 ·
    • Hide content

I went for my honeymoon (for my first wedding 10 years ago), to an Island in the Madlives called: Kuredu

It's one of the cheaper Islands compared to some of the ones that are over £2K per person, but it is still luxury & would recommend the water stilt huts definitely.

Booked it through travel agent, but you could just as easily book ti online through Expedia or Trip advisor.

Actually, it's worth checking out Tripadvisor website anyway, just for the reviews on various holiday resorts/hotels (very eye opening as the guests are very open about flaws as well as good points).

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try having a look at blue bay travel and have a look at the reviews on tripadvisor - usually do this anyway,but only after finding a "suitable" hotel. Think I need to research this before looking for any hotels as I just haven't a clue!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We also went to Kuramathi, booked through Blue Bay - they were excellent and well worth a phonecall as they are very knowledgable. Each island is a 'hotel', so there may be more than one travel company going there, but there is only the one 'hotel' on each island.

Kuramathi is a slightly larger island than some of the others and therefore has more to do - there were something like 5 al a carte restaurants and 6 or so different bars catering for all different things. Some nights was live music, or a disco, or a movie on the beach or just a quiet drink in the bar. Plus there is the spa and watersports for during the day.

I did post a link to my honeymoon report on another Maldives thread, I'll bump it for you.

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the post Mrs C!

Will look forward to reading it Smiley smile

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

When I went to the Maldives a few years a go, we stopped off in Dubai on the way home, just softens the blow a bit of going home Smiley smile We stayed on an island called Kurumba. Only 10 minutes away from Male Airport by speedboat (which is ideal after an 10 hour flight), and it was the perfect size. Not too big, not too small and lovely accommodation. We island hopped to Kuramathi and that was equally as lovely, would have happily stayed there too!

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the report Mrs C much appreciated, looks like you both had an amazing time!

Me and the OH have been speaking tonight, and it would seem we may be both unsure as to whether to go to the maldives, mainly based on it being within the monsoon season and also the fact that there isnt much to do other than snorkelling - think we will both get bored of this after a while.

Were still going to price up the Kuramthi but also get quotes for somewhere in the caribbean - something like St Lucia, St Baarts etc

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Mr C was unsure too, which is why we went for a week in Sri Lanka and a week in Kuramathi. But the minute we stepped onto the island he said he wished we were there for longer. It is so chilled out, there are bars and entertainment, a spa, boat trips... there is more to do than you think, and after the hustle and bustle of the wedding you will probably appreciate it more!

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone got the contact details for the rep at blue bay travel?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Www.bluebaytravel.co.uk

All the reps I spoke to their were really knowledgeable. Can;t remember of the lady I spoke to, Diane maybe?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics