Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Curious October 2023 Leicestershire

Honeymoon in October

Chloe, 24 of October of 2022 at 16:56 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any recommendations for honeymoons in October, we really want to do the honeymoon straight after the wedding rather than doing a mini-moon.
We would prefer somewhere warm and beachy with activities to do, but don't want to travel more than 10 hours from UK ideally. Starting to think this place doesn't exist!
All places like Mexico, Maldives tend to be rainy or hurricane season!

13 replies

Latest activity by Tony, 28 of October of 2022 at 10:20
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

If you don't want to risk the Atlantic hurricane season or the Indian Ocean monsoon seasons then you may be limited to the Mediterranean. I've heard Malta says warm for longer into Autumn but not sure whether it's beachy.

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I will look into this Smiley smile
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Malta is a lovely country, very beachy and so much history. I love it and have been multiple times so I would definitely think about there!

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks that's super helpful, anywhere in particular in Malta?
  • Ajx
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I usually go to Mellieha which is a bit quieter, St Paul's Bay is the more popular tourist area. And then you can get the ferry over to Gozo which takes around 20 minutes and that's just as beautiful! x

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the reply! I've not heard of Malta of a suggestion for honeymoons is it romantic?
  • Ajx
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it depends on how you'd classify romantic. It has a lot of history and it's a very catholic country so there's loads of nice churches etc. There's a blue lagoon on an island in between Malta and Gozo, there's some lovely little hidden gems and really nice restaurants. It also has a lot of festivities throughout the year, different festivals etc. It all really does depend on what you're wanting x

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing thanks that's really helpful Smiley smile
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Cape Verde, is similar to Carribean but way cheaper and only 6 hour flight. we are going in April for our 1st anniversary as our honeymoon as when we got married there were too many covid restrictions on travel so we delayed. Ther resorts are just that, so not much to do, but if you just want a chilled time with all inclusive then is a great option

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte I will check it out!
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

I would avoid anywhere in Greece, its quite cold in October even when the temps seem warm we could not sunbathe or use the pool, we were so disappointed.

What about a 5* in Tenerife Costa Adeje? some of them are stunning and still beautiful weather in October.

Dominican Republic is lovely in October too, didn't get a drop of rain in the fortnight in October I was there (2019) you can't really leave the hotel though which would probably put me off going back, but if you just want the weather I'd recommend.

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your reply! That's helpful I will now look into those, we are also looking at Mauritius now as it's 12 hour flight I'm coming round to the idea 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics