Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2022 South East London

Honeymoon in the uk

RomanticPinkCars31715, 31 of December of 2021 at 02:20 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 22
Obviously Covid is a major factor when booking travel so we have decided to stay in the UK for our honeymoon. Does anybody have any recommendations? Hopefully we get some lovely weather this summer🤞🏾

22 replies

Latest activity by JosePatterson, 1 of October of 2022 at 14:38
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I guess it depends what you want out of the honeymoon, and where you are based yourselves. Some gorgeous places up in Scotland but you mention the weather so I'm not sure. The south west of England is lovely too but often busier. We really liked Dorset when we went.
  • C
    Beginner August 2021 Hertfordshire
    Christina ·
    • Hide content

We had ours in Brighton which was good fun, with lots of options for cocktails and restaurants. We got very lucky with the weather, and it was a good choice for us.

If you wanted something more intimate though, a cottage in Cornwall or Scotland could be lovely.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We went to Cornwall. It's a beautiful county and almost feels like you're in another country. We stayed in a remote cottage a couple of miles down a single track lane, and all we could hear were the birds and the wind in the trees. There are loads of lovely places to visit in Cornwall too, quaint little towns, some fascinating National Trust properties, and some stunning coastline and countryside. And the lovely thing with honeymooning in the UK is that you can revisit your honeymoon location every year if you want to - we went back for our first anniversary!

• Sarah
    Curious April 2022 Hampshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I know a few people that went to Cornwall and loved it. Myself and my husband to be are going to Jersey! It’s a short plane trip so it feels slightly exotic lol but should be alright re Covid!
  • L
    Curious April 2023 Warwickshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    I guess it depends what you want, if your both outddorsy the lake district or the costwolds may be nice if your going for a cottage outdoorsy feel. Edinburgh i imagine would be nice as a city honeymoon.
  • R
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s true, it all depends. I’m going to look up Dorset as I’ve always wanted to go. We will be travelling from Essex so I’m just looking at different travel options. I’ve always wanted to go to Scotland aswell. There’s so much choice in the UK
  • R
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My partner loves Brighton so that could be an option as we could make memories together. I will also look at Cornwall. Scotland may be too far although it’s on my bucketlist
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great. If you want something even closer then I'm a big advocate for Norfolk, where we live. Great coast and there's the broads too. Enjoy whatever you decide 😊
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content
    The Norfolk Broads are very good. Husband and I have been twice the first time was June and the weather was lovely and the second time was for a mini moon in April 2019. The weather was dry again but a couple of the pubs were not doing food as it was out of season and we needed to use the boat heater in the evenings.

Edinburgh is (Though I could be biased as I call it home) a beautiful city. There are plenty of parks and outdoor green spaces, historically and culturally rich with museums (most of them free), art galleries, theatres, castles and palaces, city bus tours and plenty of pubs and restaurants. One of the best things though is just wandering along the high street dipping in and out of the closes and finding hidden secrets.
  • R
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cornwall and Brighton seem popular, we may have to book early☺️
  • R
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve never thought of Norfolk but it sounds lovely. We want to go for walks and take in some nature so I’ll definitely look into it
  • Emma
    Curious August 2023 East Sussex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

Dorset is beautiful, the walk from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door and beyond along the Jurassic Coast is a personal favourite with us!

• R
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great suggestion, thanks😊
  • P
    Beginner August 2022 Essex
    Paul ·
    • Hide content
    Lake District is beautiful in the summer,
    Scottish Route 66 what ever it’s called .. stunning don’t get caught up in the first thing you see online with a beach try some adventure if that’s your thing go somewhere new lots of beautiful places in uk Smiley smile
  • C
    Beginner July 2023 Surrey
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I love Cornwall we stay in Porth and it is close to lots of Sandy beaches and only 10 minute drive to most other towns for example Newquay. When the weather is nice you honestly couldn’t be anywhere better.

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you mean the North Coast 500 or NC500 as it’s known? I’ve never done it but from what I’ve seen of it it looks amazing.
  • P
    Beginner August 2022 Essex
    Paul ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea! Looks amazing my fiancée and I want to do it some time. Absolutely stunning scenery and I can imagine some beautiful photo opportunities for the book Smiley smile
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content
    We are going to Edinburgh for 3 nights after our December wedding, it's my favourite place in the UK. Then hopefully summer 2023 we will get to go abroad x
  • Chrispot22
    Beginner April 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Chrispot22 ·
    • Hide content
    We're in the same situation. I've been looking at the Lake District or Scotland. We went to the Cotswolds last year and that would also be quite a nice option, lots of cute villages and so many bakeries to sample
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Totally depends on what sort of thing you'd like to do. Sadly, we all know the weather isn't a guarantee here but if you were looking to be surrounded by nature then I would recommend heading up to Scotland for sure. If you wanted to have a town/city to visit then in the last few years I have absolutely loved Bath and York - loads of things to do in both cities but very picturesque at the same time. Likely to have some love luxurious hotels in both of those also!

• Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content
    So I had previously replied to this saying we were going to Edinburgh for 3 nights however we are now doing 4 nights in Vegas and 4 nights in New York. Slight change!!!
  • J
    Beginner August 2027 New York
    JosePatterson ·
    • Hide content

Plus, they're all within close proximity to each other so you can easily explore a number of different places during your trip.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics