Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner June 2012

Honeymoon in Zanzibar?

Valbeee, 17 of February of 2012 at 15:12 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi Everyone!

I am very excited to report that i too am getting married in June. I am looking to go to Zanzibar thereafter - Has anyone been there for honeymoon? and would you mind giving me some suggestions as to where is lovely to stay?

I would appreciate some advice because i have my heart set on that island! Smiley smile

Kindest regards,

Val

2 replies

Latest activity by Katscamel, 23 of February of 2012 at 18:43
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married there, before a honeymoon in Tanzania. We booked it all through Imagine Africa. Have a look at their website for some fantastic places to stay Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner November 2012
    Travellady ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your budget The residence is awsome!! and the Z Hotel very trendy hotel! they don't do all inclusive though x

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Zanzibar is lovely - I seem to spend half my life there for work. For beaches you need to be looking at 2 main areas - the North Coast has lovely beaches, is more developed and good for swimming whereas the East is quieter and low tide is a pain as the tide goes out miles.

You might want to look on tripadvisor to get some ideas new hotels are always springing up and being renamed etc. Last time I went for the beach I went to Mapenzi which was ok......, there's the Seacliff up in Nungwi - haven't been but the one in Dar is rather nice. I also know that mine (and MrsHs) wedding planner also does weddings at Essque Zalu which looks rather lovely. There are quite a few Italian owned hotels and a number that do all inclusive as well.

If you book through a tour operator see if you can get a few days in Stone Town. Some lovely hotels there - trying to think of the ones we've stayed in.......for cheap and cheerful Stone Town cafe bed and breakfast is nice - right in the middle of town opposite a fab shop called Memories of Zanzibar. The cafe downstairs does great coffee and toasted coconut bread. They also have one of the best restaurants on the island - overlooking the sea and pretty much next door to Livingstones where cocktails are a must for sunset. Another nice hotel is the Zanzibar Palace - really great service but lots of steep steps to climb.

Another option might be Pemba - whether for the whole honeymoon or just part of it. Its much much quieter than Zanzibar, gorgeous smell of cloves as you drive over the island, lovely beaches, great diving apparently. I stayed at the Clove Inn in Chake Chake which I don't recommend, we've just had trainers spend 3 weeks in Pemba Misali Sunset (all good) and Fundu Lagoon is meant to be amazing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics