Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Feb2014Bride
Beginner February 2014

Honeymoon perks

Feb2014Bride , 24 April, 2013 at 14:36 Posted on Planning 0 13

Just wondering out of interest what "extras" / "perks" people got just because it was their honeymoon?

Did you email ahead to the hotel / airline? Or just mention on check in?

Its my birthday while on honeymoon too so having positive thoughts that the H2B will think ahead and tell the hotel, maybe surprise me with a cake .... i can dream ha.

13 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 24 April, 2013 at 22:22
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

It's was my husband's birthday on honeymoon too - double cake joy!

We got free room upgrades, free bubbly, free chocs, free cakes, free spa treatments and free wine in various hotels.

We tried for an upgrade on the plane but not happening.

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Were going on a familymoon, just a cheap week to Manjorca, and when booking I told the travel agent, she said she will make a note of it on our booking form which gets sent over to the Hotel so we will see what happens.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We have free lounge access at the airport.

The bits we booked with an agent also said they would put a note on the file.

I will also try and blag a flight upgrade on check in but shall not hold my breath.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Haven't been on ours yet but when we booked we got a 30% room discount, champagne and a meal.

Hoping that we might get bumped up when we get to the airport but think that is wishful thinking!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo i am loving these replies and perks! Who doesnt love a freebie?!?!

Havent booked our honeymoon yet but i think I am going to lay the honeymoon & birthday card down thick ha. Dont ask you dont get right?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It was my birthday the day we flew out on honeymoon - we tried to use these two things to get us an upgrade on the plane but no joy.

However, we did get: -

- free bubbly on the plane

- 7 nights for the price of 5 at our first hotel

- a bunch of vouchers at that place for a free lunch, massage, yoga lesson, sailing lesson, half-day kayak hire etc.

- they also set up a bed on our balcony one night so we could sleep under the stars, and gave us more champagne

- then at our second hotel we got a private meal for us set up on the beach by candlelight.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is amazing!!!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Our hotel offered specific honeymoon upgrades with a photocopy of wedding cert. So we got:

beach candlelit dinner

couples massages

free wifi (the romance!)

breakfast in bed

airline offered us express check in passes (had already purchased lounge but would have tried)

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

This all sounds fab. Not quite a honeymoon but we got engaged the night before going on holiday and my OH contacted both hotels to let them know. Both sent us a cake and bowl of fruit to the room - one included a box of fancy chocolates as well. The other hotel covered the bed in rose petals - in a strategic design as well - not just scattered - and put rose petals in the bath tub too.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I think the towel swans are the best bit there!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Hotel resort where we married - room upgrade

Main honeymoon hotel - extra night free, and when you're talking £1000 per night hotel, that's definitely something

Safari resort - upgrade to a suite

No free champagne but where we stayed, it was free anyway so not really relevant. Both honeymoon hotels had congratulations cards waiting for us as well, and rose petal hearts on the bed.

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

It's really hard to get a flight upgrade, but many hotels give you free wine / chocolates / cake / meal / etc. Worth mentioning when booking but don't have expectations of anything and then you will be pleasantly surprised

I think if you are on one of the normal honeymoon routes it is much harder

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, it's my birthday on honeymoon too. We're off to a top restaurant. Maybe I should get H2B to email ahead, lol.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Basically no perks at all!!!

We booked the travel ourselves, so not through an agent. When booking the hotel we put in the comments that it was our honeymoon. The hotel was already offering a free upgrade of room for everyone, as it was off season. When we arrived we were told we'd get the standard room only, not the upgrade. Ih then told them about their own website & the fact it was our honeymoon, & got the upgrade. Otherwise, I found places didnt really give any perks. Maybe it was lost in translation though?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics