Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Will
Beginner August 2021 Leicestershire

Honeymoon Summer 2021

Will, 15 of June of 2021 at 15:55 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8
Hi all I’m getting married on Sunday 1st August 21 and we need to sort a Honeymoon out, what are people doing if your getting married soon? I’d ideally love to go abroad but the testing sounds expensive, the alternative is a UK holiday which would be fine but everything seems booked up or very expensive.

8 replies

Latest activity by Dancing-Peanut, 21 of June of 2021 at 14:02
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We are meant to be going to Greece and fingers crossed we will still be able to! But just in case we've booked a week in Cornwall. We booked it on a flexible rate so we can cancel up to 24hrs before. If you look on trip advisor you can filter it by free cancellations
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We are going to Gara Rock in Salcombe, wanted the Maldives but this will have to do lol. I was stressed enough about the wedding and just felt if we booked a honeymoon abroad that would add more stress.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We are driving up from London to the Lake District for our July -21 wedding. There was so much confusion around international travel and quite frankly covid wedding planning has been stressful enough.

We’ve picked somewhere that we could take our future kids to as well so will continue to build memories.
  • Will
    Beginner August 2021 Leicestershire
    Will ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone, we have booked 7 nights in Devon in a property with hot tub in the middle of nowhere with views to die for.
  • G
    Beginner September 2021 Kent
    Gee ·
    • Hide content

We haven't even thought about booking anything yet! Due to Covid we've put our honeymoon on hold. Then again, we don't mind the delay after the wedding!

• R
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married 18th September and have booked a week in the Lake District (all with free cancellation), a couple of nights in a spa hotel then the rest at cheaper hotel where we can base ourselves for hiking.

We wanted to go to Japan or California originally, but I don't see that being possible by then! I'm holding out for maybe being able to travel to somewhere like Italy, but as it is now, I don't think we'll want to deal with the hassle of arranging all the tests etc on the days leading up to the wedding, and the threat of quarantine on the way back would make the trip less relaxing, so unless they change things significantly by then, then I think it'll be more relaxing to do a UK trip and save the bigger trip for another time.

• Dancing-Peanut
    Curious September 2021 Kent
    Dancing-Peanut ·
    • Hide content

We've booked local ish for 2 nights - one a UK safari and one in a castle. Thinking we need to find a couple more nights somewhere still, but not sure what just yet. Just know we will not be going abroad anytime soon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics