Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GemmaLouise1986
Beginner

Honeymoon Vouchers

GemmaLouise1986, 29 June, 2010 at 08:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all. I am new to the boards although have been lurking for a while!

We get married 29/5/11. As we already live together and have everything we need we were thinking of asking people to contribute to a honeymoon that we could have later on in the year as we've never really been able to afford a big lavish holiday together.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and what their advice would be? I've seen a few travel companies that do holiday vouchers but I am wondering if it might just be easier to ask for money (cheques) so we create our own account?

9 replies

Latest activity by Doll, 29 June, 2010 at 14:29
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

We are in the same position, not really sure how the vouchers will work as you dont tend to get your contributions until really close to the wedding - does that mean you have to wait till you book it?! im not sure and i dont really want to wait to book the honeymoon. Im interested in the answer to this too - sorry i cant be of more help x

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hi - thanks for your responses.

I looked at HolidaysFirst and they had options of either buying vouchers so you can book your honeymoon much later in the year after your wedding. Alternatively you could set up a bank account to pay off an already booked honeymoon. I just think I'd rather know what my budget is for honeymoon so we decided against the bank account option.

I am also thinking not all my guests will want to go online to buy vouchers - might just be easier to ask for £ contributions.

• smyvicki
    Beginner September 2010
    smyvicki ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We've booked our honeymonn through Key2Holidays and they use a system called Honeymiles. Weve set up an account online with a profile page and people can donate towards the honeymoon if they wish to. You do have to pay for your holiday upfront so in effect we are asking people for money. Once the accout has closed we will get a cheque for the total amount donated which we can use for anything, it does not have to be used for another holiday.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

We plan to use trailfinders, you can set up an account and people can give online, by phone or post and minimum is £10 so pretty accessible. Also you can create 'gifts' so people can buy a flight upgrate, gondala tour of venice, experience etc etc. Also key to us, you can collect the money and then book, rather than book upfront as we cant afford a honeymoon by ourselves! Any money left over is given as spending. Plus they send you x100 cards with a code on so you can include in invites.

S x

• Doll
    Beginner September 2010
    Doll ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Why not try thebottomdrawer.co.uk? That's where we're doin our gift list and they also have a sister company called top drawer holidays who organise a tailor made holiday for you. then people can donate towards activities etc. so it wont seem as if they're just donating money.

• S
    Beginner July 2011
    starla ·
    • Hide content

Hi we're in a simmilar position, we're thinking a lot of people we invite arent that online savvy lol but also many people don't like just giving "cash" so we're going to ask for the currency for where we're going e.g. euros/dollars Smiley smile

• Doll
    Beginner September 2010
    Doll ·
    • Hide content

Good thing with thebottom drawer is that they send you cards for your guests with your gift list number and a phone nu,ber and website and email address.

Anyone who doesnt use the Internet can ring up and they will send out a printed list of your honeymoon activities and they can pay over the phone!

And the service is free to use if you book your honeymoon through them. They also allow you to get gifts from anywhere not just John Lewis Smiley smile

Good luck!

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you - I shall have a look.

Do you have to book/pay for it before your wedding?

• Doll
    Beginner September 2010
    Doll ·
    • Hide content

Nope. You can close the list at any point and assuming you'll be needing that to pay for the honeymoon, you can close it after the wedding too.

Good thing is you can do a part traditional list and part honeymoon so everyone will be happy Smiley smile

http://www.topdrawerholidays.co.uk/gift-list-service

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics