Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrittGale
Beginner November 2012

Honeymoon Vouchers as Wedding Gifts

BrittGale, 14 March, 2011 at 15:53 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Is this a popular idea?

My fiancé and I aren't exactly rich and by the time we have paid for the wedding ourselves we might not be able to afford a honeymoon...

5 replies

Latest activity by Kym134, 21 March, 2011 at 13:09
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We're doing this http://www.thomascookhoneymoons.com/ or else a honeymoon fund through Debenhams which can be spent with First Choice

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

All 3 of the weddings we have been invited to in the last 3 years have asked for Honeymoon gifts in some sort.

2 asked for cash as spending money and one asked for Thomas Cook Vouchers

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I'd say its pretty common now; we're plannin g on asking for money towards a honeymoon but going to include a little poem so as not to seem too cheeky! Like so...... We know its not traditional Its not the way its done But instead of a wedding list We'd like a bit of sun. Please do not think of us as rude Please don't take offence We do not want to upset you Thats not the way its meant. We've lived together quite a while And all the bills are paid. We've got our plates, our pots and pans Our plans have all been made. So if you'd like to give a gift To help us celebrate Some money for a honeymoon We would appreciate!
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Thats a great poem - think we will do something like that too!

• BrittGale
    Beginner November 2012
    BrittGale ·
    • Hide content

Haha!! I really like the poem!! :-)

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    Kym134 ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone know if anyone else does the honeymoon vouchers as I have specific ideas of going on safari and I was hoping to pick the travel agent that can go to places I would like to go to.

I love the poem too and I might have to put something similar on my invites.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics