Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Curlysuzie
Beginner September 2014

Hook and eye for train...

Curlysuzie, 22 of January of 2014 at 22:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

Eeekkkk I brought my wedding dress on Sunday!!

The women in the shop mentioned that some brides now are having a hook and eye to fasten their train up for the evening. Has anyone done/thought of doing this? I am dubious about doing it as it's lace and don't want it to pull but I think it's a good idea as I won't have to worry about it when the champers kicks in...!

xxxx

4 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 26 of January of 2014 at 08:39
  • IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm having this done for my train otherwise everyone will be stepping on it. One of my friends had it for her wedding dress it made life a lot easier for her but her bridesmaid had to spend a lot of time making it just so, looking pretty. She was taught how to do it so it would look nice.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have thought a hook and eye would be strong enough as some trains are quite heavy.

My daughter had quite a big train on hers and as she's a nutter on the dance floor, she wanted it up in the evening I devised a cunning plan. She had three small loops of ribbon sewn on the bottom of each layer (evenly spaced along the edge of the train) and a ribbon ribbon sewn into the inside of the underskirt. The ribbon was threaded through each loop ( nine in total ) and tied.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

Mine is a lace dress and has a hook and eye built in, the dress is quite streamlined and the hook and eye literally tucks the train up on the inside.

As a bonus, they've made it a really pale blue so that can be my something blue.

I think the lace pulling a tiny bit is definitely a better option than popping your heel through the train mid boogie.

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! I like the ribbon idea! I'll see what my seamstress say... Xx

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I thought most dresses that may be a bit of an issue had the ribbon things sewn in already?

My dress has a ribbon loop & something to attach it to hidden in the design of the dress. I'd be tripping up all over the place otherwise (I'm pretty clumsy at times).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics