Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hoop with a mermaid dress?! help please!! **NOW WITH FLASHES - ADVICE NEEDED!!!**

5 June, 2012 at 09:57 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi all

I tried my dress on with my mum the other day and we were both thinking it may be easier to walk and give more shape to the dress to wear a hoop underskirt.

I am getting married abroad and am worried about staying cool!

Who else is having a hoop? Who is having a 'mermaid' dress? Where would I buy one of these underskirts from? had a quick look on ebay but they all look really grim and tacky!!!!

help please!

here is my dress

15 replies

Latest activity by EllsBells243, 7 June, 2012 at 21:25
  • HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I am probably going to wear one. ,y dress is tru,pet shaped and I bought mine from a seller o here but I am sure it was probably the same as the ones on eBay. I really don't think they are that amazing but it doesn't matter as they aren't seen anyway so I wouldn't worry too much. Failing that, check out your bridal shop as they probably sell them or at least hire them out.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I phoned the flagship store for the designer of my dress and asked which Jupon hoop they would have put with my dress (they all have numbers), I then ordered a second hand one from ebay. It was still £50 (£90 new) but much much better than the cheap ones off ebay from China - the Jupon was very breathable, sat nicer and if anything kept me cooler. The cheap ones I got from China were polyester and scratchy... not nice at all.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you need the top one.. I have a trumpet shaped dress, and the second type didn't even look right with mine.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Mrs c, the one I ave is scratchy too.. I will need to do something to it I think! Is yours the same Colour as your dress?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

It was around the same colour but I really don't think it would have mattered if it wasn't, it doesn't really get seen.

The Jupon ones are really soft and are much more comfortable than the cheap ones from China. Worth the money imo.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

God yes.I think that's what they were designed for - that and shape of course.

• EllsBells243
    Beginner March 2013
    EllsBells243 ·
    • Hide content

Wow LOVE your dress! I'm also having a mermaid shape, although not having a hoop as the shop lady said I wouldn't need one with that type of dress...do u find it hard to walk it your dress without a hoop? Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics