Yay or Nay (like what i did there <<
What are your thoughts on them? X

21 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 26 of February of 2015 at 15:20
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Big old no from me. But then I'm a vegan and I've been following the campaign to abolish them in New York, so I guess I would say that. In fact here's the Pope of Nope to illustrate my feelings

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The thing to think about is distances, if its too far then it takes too long to travel, to the church will mean that you will have to start getting ready that much earlier, and the travel to reception from church then all of your guests will be there ages before you.

I mostly only see them where the bride is a big horse fan and probably also owns her own horse too.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

A friend of a friend had one, the horse bolted on the way to the church, both her and her dad ended up in hospital with minor injuries and the wedding had to be rearranged.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

This is the funniest thing I've seen today, ha!

But seriously, no. They're not for me. Not sure I really see the point. Dare I say they seem a bit 'Jordan-esque'?! Maybe it's just the pink ones Smiley winking

• N
    Beginner September 2016
    Natasha2016 ·
    • Hide content

Luckily my church is literally a 2 minutes car ride away fromt the venue so the distance isnt that bad.

i also know the horses and the woman who does it or at least my mum does.

I just am not sure at all

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not for as I am terrified of horses!

I must admit, I find them a bit tacky but horses for courses and all that. (Just getting in a terrible pun too)

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Got to agree with what others have said, I find them a little tacky...

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

I agree. I think they are tacky

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Honest answer - i think it's naff.

If you like it though then why not. I'm not a girly girl so that's probably why i think they're a bit silly.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I hate horses, so big no from me! Haha. Each to their own, I think it's a bit showy, and probaby not all that practical. Sadly I also think big fat gypsy weddings ruined it a bit!

Love the Pope of nope!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also in the no camp...i think they are a bit naff....however we've gone for a vintage VW beetle & campervan which will no doubt be tomorrows horse & carriage ha x

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

I love horses and considered having mine pull a carriage to my wedding

unfortunately my venue, whilst close, is in a very hilly area and I would not want my horse pulling that distance and terrain

Also he is still rather young and unsure of himself so may not do well with the heavy traffic for such a long period

I looked at hiring one but as my venue is so close I didn't want to pay that amount for such a short journey

If you want one, go for it

xoxo

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Im not a fan, they remind me of a funeral...sorry Smiley sad

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love horses but otherwise this Smiley smile) horse and carriage affairs are now synonymous with BFGY and Funerals sadly.....unless you're royalty of course Smiley winking x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love horses but otherwise this Smiley smile) horse and carriage affairs are now synonymous with BFGY and Funerals sadly.....unless you're royalty of course Smiley winking x

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I love horse & carriage but in period drama's therefore I'm in the no camp for several reasons

I find them a bit too showy/princessey which is the complete opposite of me

the carriages I like are completely open not great for all weather - the clear bubble ones for if it rains just remind me of Cinderella (again opposite to me)

the distance you have to be is not practical

I would be too scared falling flat on my face infront of everyone trying to get out of it! (I'm prone to this in jeans let alone a dress!)

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the naff, pope of nope camp.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

If you want one and love horses, have one! If done well in a classic way rather than a Jordan way, they can be lovely for short distances. However consider the practicalities as people have already said. I didn't have one but special transport was never a priority for me.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's all a bit gypsy wedding for me I'm afraid but each to their own.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Genuinely neither here nor there personally. i'd be happy to ride in one in windsor great park for example, but it wasn't a must have for the wedding.

reindeer sleighs however Smiley winking oh now that i'd be all over Smiley winking hahaha totally off track i know but still missing my holiday lol

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

Despite loving/owning horses its a no from me. I know too much... I'd spend the whole time analysing the horses behaviour, looking for things for it to spook at etc etc. I'm quite looking forward to one day away from animals and horse/dog hair!!!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I love horses, but I'd rather ride one to the wedding than be drawn in a carriage.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics