Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2011

Horse themed wedding

pony lover, 22 of January of 2011 at 14:01 Posted on Planning 0 18

Firstly hello ladies. i am new here. please excuse the lack of punctuation and capital letters i am on my phone and it doesnt seem to like the forum for some reason. i get married on 17th june this year and i have only just started to organise it. it is only a small wedding of 30 guests but we want to encorparate a horse theme as we both ride and own our own horses and are including them in the day. we are having a reg office wedding with a champaine picnic in a beautiful park locally and a friend is bringing the horses so we can have a ride and have them in our photos. we will then be going for a meal in the evening. we are wanting to theme the wedding around the horses. i am thinking of a horse shoe with flowers in the corner instead of flowers for me and mini versions for theflower girls but have never seen anything like this before. also i want to do horse related favors and place settings but have no ideas at all. have any of you lovely ladies got any ideas we could use. thank you in advance

18 replies

Latest activity by Pabz, 8 of July of 2013 at 17:47
  • Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

You could have different My Little Pony or Black Beauty incoporated somewhere?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

A few ideas:

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

You could have flowers with tiny horseshoe charms in? And maybe use a little bit of hay for decorating or used in the favour boxes like tissue paper? I once saw a pic of a wedding cake that had a silver horseshoe design on it too that looked really cool.

• P
    Beginner June 2011
    pony lover ·
    • Hide content

What fantastic ideas, It has given me a lot to think about.

I loved the invite picture and might see if we can do something like that as we are wanting to do our own invites. I am very excited now as it seems it will be easyer than I thought to incorprate the horse theme through our wedding, and I can't think of anything more perfect as it was our love of horses that brought us together. I have to say I know my mum will hit the roof as she hates the horses with a passion. Haven't told her our plans yet.

Kepp the ideas flowing thank you so much xx

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you have some great ideas of your own. as a photographer this is the sort of wedding I love covering - sounds really unique.

Few things: you need a wet weather plan. so some form of marquee might be a total blessing. My wife is a wedding planner and knows a few people that hire out vintage crockery for this sort of thing. You could carry on the horse/country idea with haystacks, barn dancing, doggie races and all the other events you have on a village green/country show. might be worth contacting the people from the local hunt - they always like this sort of thing, and generally will do most things for a good drink!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I had the same themed Wedding myself as I also own my own horse. I had horse shoe invitations (some I have also in my portfolio so please do email me for some piccies at *******@****************.**.**)

I also had horseshoes on the rest of my stationery including placecards etc.

please do email me if you'd like some ideas (I don't have any on this PC that I can upload)

Nat

• P
    Beginner June 2011
    pony lover ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes we are working on a wet weather plan at the moment, although I do hope we don't need it.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Awwwwwwwwww id love to ride my horse to my wedding but my dress is tight fitting and he slobbers on everything! Lol

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tough. Whose wedding is it, yours or hers?

She doesn't have to like it, she just has to accept it is what you want, understand that it means something to you both, turn up and smile.

• P
    Beginner June 2011
    pony lover ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, I canceled our last wedding because it was what my mum wanted not what we wanted. We moved it forward and re booked this, and I am so happy and excited this time Smiley smile

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow what a fantastic theme you have - have a real passion for horses - used to own 3 but due to life paths and change of circumstances don't have any at the mo but I'm working on it. I'm married now but planning a great medieval birthday bash where I would want my horse as part of the day (so that I can ride side saddle up to the castle).

I love what you're doing - my OH isn't really into horses so I couldn't have everything horsey for our wedding. It's good though that you both share the interest. Just need the day to be dry ? ideally but good that you're thinking of a wet weather plan just in case.

My mother isn't horsey at all and has no idea why I turned out to be horse mad lol!

Have lots of fun planning - your wedding sounds fabulous!

Tracey xxxx

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Another horsey person here! I own 10 but I've got 2 out on loan at the moment. Really want to ride one of my dressage horses to the wedding but I think logistically it will be a nightmare so I'm going to have to make do with having dalmatians as ring bearers. Horse shoes are an easy way of having a horsey theme. What about rossettes with the names of the bride & groom & date of the wedding in the centre of the rossette instead of 1st etc? Good luck with your planning, sounds like it'll be fab!

• P
    Beginner June 2011
    pony lover ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the ideas ladies, o/h is loving them too. Going to try and get hold of a load of old used horseshoes little pony size and use those as my place settings all painted ivory with peoples names on them, at least only having 30 guests means it is a bit more do able Smiley smile

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Your farrier might let you buy some used ones off him cheap?

• P
    Beginner June 2011
    pony lover ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am hoping so, although I am getting a lot of friends to keep there horses shoes when they are shod so between us we should get 30 together in no time. I am just glad I will finally have a use for them after they are worn out, they cost enough lol

• P
    Pabz ·
    • Hide content

We have just this month completed our Carousel Horse Wedding Favour. Great for this type of wedding theme. Check them out: http://www.cannycampers.co.uk/carousel-favour-boxes/

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

This post is 2 years old, i'd like to think she had her favours sorted a long time ago ?

• P
    Pabz ·
    • Hide content

Haha might have missed the boat on this one ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics