Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Horse-drawn carriages

VikingPrincess, 1 April, 2010 at 18:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi!

Does anyone know firms who do Horse-drawn wedding carriages? I seem to have trouble finding any online, especially in Yorkshire. Initially I dreamed of a sleigh as we are having a December wedding but these days in UK you can't guarantee that it will snow!

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 1 April, 2010 at 21:58
  • L
    Beginner September 2010
    lushgirlxx ·
    • Hide content

Hey

just wanted to say ur dress is stunning xx

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi there - depending on how far up in Yorkshire you are I can highly recommend Red House Stables they're based in Darley Dale (near Chatsworth House, Derbyshire). We filmed a wedding on New Year's Eve 09 and we worked very closely with the driver and co helpers and they were just simply brilliant. The horses and the carriage is just gorgeous. Not sure how far they travel or costs but website details are:

https://workingcarriages.com/

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Thanks but it's only the cape and the muff I am wearing. The dress is different, an Alfred Angelo one - I wish this was me! it's just a model for the cape!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Thanks kindly. I am in Leeds.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Have you tried these - I don't know them so can't recommend them but they may be able to help and you could always ring them and arrange a viewing:-

Donald Hardy - Donald Hardy, Lower Brandon Farm, Shadwell, Leeds LS17 9JH : **** ****
    Apple Blossom Carriages Karen Vickers, 14 Meadow Street, Barnsley S71 1DE : **** **** mob: **** ****

Hanson Carriage HireHorse Drawn Carriages

Tel: **** ****| Raikes Hall Farm, Raikes Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD4 0RL

It still could be worth seeing how far Red House travel!

Hope you find something - I love horse and carriages

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I'll add them to my list. Someone else mentioned Donald Hardy esp as I live in the area...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics