Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2015

Hosiery or no hosiery

jen0788, 17 of July of 2014 at 18:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello all,

I am getting married Sept 5th 2015, and I am meeting with the dress maker in a few weeks. This has got me thinking about hosiery! I am planning on wearing a tea length or knee length dress (not sure yet) and having a vintage theme. What I am not sure on is whether to wear tights or stockings or go bare legged?

i am not sure if I will be too warm in hosiery but I think it will look better in photos if I am wearing something on my legs! What do you think is better ?

Thanks for for your help

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsHertfordshire , 17 of July of 2014 at 22:40
  • MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

I would decide once you have your dress but I recently tried some leg makeup and oh my goodness where has it been all my life - gave a really natural colour and meant I didn't need to wear tights to hide my corned beefy looking legs ha, ha

x

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

HertfordshireB2B seems to have a good solution for you!

september for the last 10 yrs or so has tended to be warm (as I recall, not a weatherwoman!) so you should be ok, but might be worth getting some nice hosiery that you'd be happy to wear just in case.

sorry, I'm a bit of a just in case type...

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your shoe choice too, you wouldn't want to wade them with strapy shoes, but you might in a closed toe

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I have tea length for my December wedding and am planning to go bare legged. I get a horrible rash on the inside of my thighs when I wear tights and I've never been comfortable in stockings.

I need to know what this leg make-up is, though: never heard of it!

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

It is called Sally Hansen leg make up mine was light as I'm very pale, picked it up in my local "big" tesco, and I googled it and found a you tube that said add then moisturiser so I did that last night actually as with the forecast today knew I had to wear a short dress to work today. Looked amazing last night but sadly it is make up not a tan so mostly washed off this morning but seriously next time I'm out in a skirt or dress I will put it on an hour or so before. I also am clumsy as, and have bruises all over my legs so it worked a treat.

But buy your dress and ask about how many fittings you can have and try walking, sitting etc bare legged and then wear some tights for the next fitting and see how the material clings or slips before your purchase what can be expensive hosiery xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics